Accountability time looms (2 Aug, 2017)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Accountability time looms (2 Aug, 2017)

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:19 am

This column is archived at: http://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2017/0802.shtml

Given that we're about to enjoy our triennial opportunity to hold our political overlords accountable for their sins, should we be making sure that we remind them of the things that we are not pleased about and demanding a response to how such issues will be remedied in future?

Is the outlandish performance and abuse of power by the GCSB perhaps a very good issue to be raising at this point and is it time to exercise our right to get rid of the fools who allow this department to ignore the law and rights of Kiwis?

What is the best strategy for reminding politicians that *their* fate is (once again) in our hands and that perhaps we are not best pleased with their performance in some areas?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Accountability time looms (2 Aug, 2017)

Postby par_annoyed » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 am

Not surprised at all. This is typical of the way most govmints behave. An ordinary citizen does it, it's breaking the law, and they get suitable punishment. But a govt official or dept ? Oh no, then it's entirely different and a "special case".
The greens benefit fraud is a perfect example - anyone else would be in chains already...... I'm bloody disgusted, frankly.

I don't know who the hell to vote for - I'm in the 'least offensive, hold your nose' state, which would be NZ first....at least I agree with some of their stuff....but I HATE to do that.....
par_annoyed

Re: Accountability time looms (2 Aug, 2017)

Postby phill » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:13 am

the problem
the complete list of politicians i am proud to call "competent nzers i trust to rule our country"

end
phill

Return to Today's column