Stupidium and the big bang theory (11 Aug, 2017)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Stupidium and the big bang theory (11 Aug, 2017)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

This column is archived at: http://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2017/0811.shtml

It is well known that super-heavy and dense radioactive isotopes of elements such as uranium and plutonium can reach criticality when a sufficiently large mass is created. Will this be the case with the two large lumps of stupidium that exist on the planet today?

Are we safe?

Or will the inevitable happen?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Stupidium and the big bang theory (11 Aug, 2017)

Postby Kiwiiano » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:59 am

I am slightly comforted by a claim I saw that Nixon, in a drunken moment of stupidium, pressed The Big Red Button to see what would happen. Fortunately it was nothing, because someone else (hopefully several someones) have to turn a key to activate The Big Red Button. I'm also hoping that if the Hair hits The Big Red Button, the Key Holder(s) will say something like "Damn! Now where did I put that key? It was with my car keys, but the new limo has keyless entry.....???"

Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth:
The flight attendant sees a suspicious looking couple onboard, so she reports it to the Captain immediately.

“Sir, I think we have a case of human trafficking! There is a very pretty, hot and sexy, female passenger onboard, who looks quite frightened and the man she is with is a fat old slob who looks like a lecher, very sullen, mean and dangerous!”

The captain responds, “Patricia, I’ve told you this before. This is Air Force One...”
~ Kiwiiano
“I'm right 98% of the time, so who gives a damn about the other 3%?"
Kiwiiano

Postby hagfish » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 am

Trump has already let us know he just wants to appear to be 'unpredictable'. The volley of celebratory fireworks he launched at Syria in April were just PR. The missiles were pretty old, and the few that reached their targets did minimal damage, but who cares?

Kim will get his shipment of rice and a couple of Big Macs and everything will quieten down until America's mid-term elections next year. Then we'll get another big dose of Fear and a few more firecrackers.
hagfish

Postby roygbiv » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am

I think there is a change in tactics for managing Trump, keep him playing golf and near his twitter feed while the rest of the Whitehouse and government run the country. We see every night on the american late night shows how much of an idiot he his. And that his proclamation on Twitter about transgender individuals not being accepted in the Military any more, this was quite frankly ignored by everyone except the media, but is an example of how highly he registers on the stupidity scale.
So hopefully this one idiot has been ring fenced to the golf links and Twitter, as for the other, is he really an idiot? Probably less of one because, other than his sabre rattling there are no clear examples. As soon as he fires off the first loaded ICBM he will be doomed to spend the remainder of his (shortened) life in a nuclear bunker.
Nobody who has a choice is that stupid.
roygbiv

Postby phill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 am

i still think the us will not resort to nukes to solve the kimfat 3 problem
surgical strike with low effect projectile from a stealth drone on one of the national parade days while kf is waving to the crowd
and she is all over jim
2nd korean war lasted 17.5 seconds from launch to removal of the leader
the only thing stopping it will be the thought of
trump / putin / juma / maduro / erdogan and a few others who will start twitching wildly
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )
phill

Postby Kiwiiano » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:33 pm

phill wrote:i still think the us will not resort to nukes to solve the kimfat 3 problem
surgical strike with low effect projectile from a stealth drone on one of the national parade days while kf is waving to the crowd
and she is all over jim

Let that particular genie out of the bottle and no leader is safe. It surprises me that IS haven't latched onto how easy it would be to cobble together a drone capable of flying at tree top level and delivering a few kilo of Semtex. As our Illustrious Editor has pointed out.
The Hair for one would be right pissed off if it wasn't safe for him to play on an outdoor golf course.
~ Kiwiiano
“I'm right 98% of the time, so who gives a damn about the other 3%?"
Kiwiiano

Postby Jimbof » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Can't we just put them both in the square ring and let them duke it out? Though I am betting that the low pain threshold of the individuals will make it a short fight. It is a bit different when the pain is your own!
Jimbof

Postby Weasel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/9/1551 ... -you-think

You tell me which one is the nut job, its not the one starting with K. He knows exactly what he's doing to great effect, while other plays right into the game.
Weasel

Postby JonL » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 pm

phill wrote:the only thing stopping it will be the thought of
trump / putin / juma / maduro / erdogan and a few others who will start twitching wildly

You haven't studied Putin much, have you? Despite the outpourings of the MSM, he would have about 0.1gm of stupidium in him, if that. A cooler, calmer, more reasoned leader, looking after his own countries intetests, it would be hard to find. I dont think he's "twitched wildly" in his life....just don't forget he is Russian, and their worldview and customs are slightly different to what "the west" considers normal.
Kim is just a blustering bully, trying to scare of anyone attacking NK, but has about as much nous as a 2 year old, and Trump..................the mind wobbles........
JonL

Postby phill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Weasel wrote:

You tell me which one is the nut job, its not the one starting with K. He knows exactly what he's doing to great effect, while other plays right into the game.

lets assume neither is a nut job or both are nut jobs
it makes no difference
kimfat plays the same game of chess that hitler and stalin did
fine for its time where no one dared look like they would replace you and you had total control over everything your country has access to
and you were safe from any unwanted contact
but this is modern chess
the invisible knight can appear on any square on the board it wants to and demolish the king .. the bigger the power gap between the king and the next in charge the easier it is to do
then the new rule comes in
you can reset the game to stalemate mode if you want to replace the king
or carry on in confusion without the king ..
the choice is with the senior command
they have all seen what he did to his uncle they also saw what he did with the 30mm anti aircraft gun .. they may not even hint at it but they will all know life with kim fat isnt a safe one for anyone
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )
phill

Next

Return to Today's column