Stand well clear! (5 Sep, 2017)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Re: Stand well clear! (5 Sep, 2017)

Postby Kiwiiano » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Trump is in a lose-lose position, see The Conversation <https://theconversation.com/trump-cant-win-the-north-korea-crisis-is-a-lose-lose-proposition-for-the-us-83419
There are high risks in any military action against North Korea. There are essentially no good options for compelling it with force. As recently departed White House adviser Steve Bannon said:

There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.
The US loses in any war scenario, even though its combined military forces with South Korea would inevitably win such a conflict.

Bannon may not be your choice of military strategist but considering the amount of NK firepower within range of Seoul, the probability that any form of action from the US military short of a daisy chain of nukes north of the border would cause annihilation south of it, with millions of deaths on Trumps piggy little hands.
~ Kiwiiano
“I'm right 98% of the time, so who gives a damn about the other 3%?"
Kiwiiano

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Well I think that the last thing Kimmy wants is for N.Korea to joint the global community of nations -- because this would enable his people to learn what they're missing out on and it would expose (to those people) the terrible oppression they've been living under for all this time.

From the perspective of a dictator who rules by suppressing truth this is a terrible end-strategy because it would spell his end (perhaps in a violent uprising).

I would not doubt that after many years of dealing with sycophants, Kim himself may well be believing that he has a chance against the USA -- after all, his top generals and scientists are telling him what he wants to hear -- not what is the reality of the situation.

So do not for one minute dismiss the potential for N.Korea to go rogue.

Kimmy might think "I'm damned if I don't and I'm damned if I do -- so I might as well go out in a blaze of glory" before he pushes the button.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:00 pm

The key to this is to find out what KJU wants

roygbiv

live long and prosper ( being treated as a god is just a huge ego bonus )

trouble is he is 50+ years down the track of getting what you want by sabre rattling and when that stops working fast enough by getting a bigger sabre
he has now reached the pinnacle of sabres but all and sundry have seen the light in the effectiveness of giving into his demands yet again .. a temporary honoring of agreements at best
but no change of worth

so how do you deal with it
turning a perpetual blind eye and pretending deep down he is just a lonely misunderstood guy trying to do his best in the face of outrageous demands by higher powers ( as a few here seem to want to portray )
or
destroying his ability to rule ( the traditional method ) .. hugely costly in men and materials .. ie millions of each at best
or
a surgical strike to take him out with absolutely no advance on his boarders and then doing a pootin ( nope i dont know anything about it .. shocking wasnt it i wonder who it could have been )
if no one is found to be responsible and no one tries to take advantage of it for the short period after while they sort out a new leader and or system
no one will bother retaliating
phill

Previous

Return to Today's column