SWDC calls me a liar (14 Sep, 2017)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

SWDC calls me a liar (14 Sep, 2017)

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 pm

This column is archived at: http://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2017/0914.shtml

Unbelievable -- that's the only word to describe today's interaction with the South Waikato District Council.

I prove, beyond any shred of doubt, that one of their staff has lied to them -- and that's okay.

However, when I present irrefutable evidence that people from around the world want to come to this little town and spend their money, I'm challenged as being a liar. Of course -- I created hundreds of fake accounts on Facebook in order to rig the poll and create a fantasy to deceive the council (sigh!).

Even when it came to the case of my irrefutable evidence from CAA the CEO tries to defend the council's position by claiming that it was just "an interpretation".

As you can see (and higher authorities will soon see), this is just ridiculous and most certainly NOT the way a functional council should respond or behave.

Stay tuned... more excitement to come!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: SWDC calls me a liar (14 Sep, 2017)

Postby paulw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Going to take them to the High Court??
paulw

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:58 pm

As one of NZ's top defamation lawyers told me... the SWDC is a very litigious. If they lose, they will keep on appealing the decision until they run out of courts or you run out of money and they will be fighting you with your own money (rates) so even if you prevail, it will by a pyrrhic victory.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby hiscoca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Looking foward to the Video. Hope it is better quality than the last one I saw done by Roddy with terrible audio.
hiscoca

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Yes, Roddy is a bit "rough and ready". I'm editing up something now but I'll wait until tomorrow night before I decide whether I have to resort to the "shaming" strategy to get this council to do the right thing by its community.

I asked council to name *ONE* single reason why the airfield should not be delisted.

Nobody could find one -- but they still refuse and thus effectively deny local businesses a six-figure sum and local charities the proceeds of the event. Tell me something isn't badly wrong with this picture!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am

Bruce,
You are doing it all wrong!
Offering benefits to the community? Try offering to send the Council members on a fact finding mission to the Gold Coast all expenses paid instead.
I feel for you and am impressed by your dedication to the cause. Best of luck nailing the jelly to the tree.
Regards,
Glenn.
Glenn

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 pm

OMG... the irony of it all.

Councilor Gray Baldwin of the SWDC called me a liar when I related the figures from a facebook group set up to promote the proposed international fly-in event I'd like to hold at the Tokoroa Airfield next year.

The media has just done a story on this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/n ... e-heats-up

The justification for denying the delisting essential to holding this event is, according to the SWDC:

"with a listed airfield, activities at the airfield are controlled under CAA rules and guidelines. If we delist the airfield that responsibility falls on the council"

So they accuse me of lying and then they come out with this massive lie?

Seriously, they know that delisting an airfield doesn't make CAA rules and regulations inapplicable in the way stated and thus it doesn't place that responsibility on council at all. They know that because I've told them on several occasions -- so they have knowingly made a blatantly untrue statement to the media, to cover up their overtly personal prejudices in this matter.

Of course I'm not stupid (well now I could be lying :-)) so I've filed a Local Government Information and Meetings Act request for copies of the evidence and advice on which they have based that statement.

You know they're not going to be able to front up with any such official advice -- and that will further expose the fact that they're lying to cover their arses.

But once again one has to ask... why the hell aren't these people just doing their jobs professionally and without prejudice, bias or favour?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column