Don't bend the rules, change them (20 Oct, 2017)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Don't bend the rules, change them (20 Oct, 2017)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 am

This column is archived at: http://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2017/1020.shtml

Do I really deserve the accolade of "activist" as handed out by Wikipedia?

Or am I just someone who's passionate and smart enough to use all the tools and resources at his disposal to try and create important changes to the rules and regulations that govern what we can and can't do?

Hmmm... maybe that *is* the definition of an activist.

Interesting times ahead for CAA and the SWDC.

Anyone care to place bets as to what the SWDC will do if they receive a raft of submissions demanding the right to fly drones in Tokoroa parks? It's not illegal, it's not unsafe, it's not a public nuisance -- so what possible excuse could they come up with this time for denying what I'm sure will be a clearly stated directive from the people they are elected to *serve*?

Stay tuned!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Don't bend the rules, change them (20 Oct, 2017)

Postby phill » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am

im guessing it will be the
councils considered opinions
because
a number of submissions were considered to be false, duplicated or coerced
phill

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 am

[grabs editor's red crayon]
you'd still be illegible to win the drone

;)
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby roygbiv » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:02 am

If CAA have written to you thanking you for promoting their survey then perhaps it may be a warming of your relationship with them. Perhaps a favourable word (letter or e-mail) from them questioning why Tokeroa is the only town in Sth Waikato (or NZ ?) that is a no fly zone for anything small and without feathers. A sort of 'please explain' approach from such a government authority may be cause for some navel gazing at SWDC with a view of correcting such inconsistency.
You have a mutual objective with CAA and that is aviation and its promotion - ask them for help.
roygbiv

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

CAA have already provide a wealth of evidence to support my calls for our council to act on the facts, rather than the misinformation being spouted by their Group Asset Manager but even when presented with evidence in black and white from CAA with respect to the regulations, the CEO of the SWDC boldy claimed "that's just their opinion" -- so you see, the real problem is the extreme prejudice being exhibited by the locals. They're prepared to ignore CAA's very clear statement of what the regulations mean when it suits them to do so and instead rely on a staff member who they acknowledge has personal issues with me and absolutely zero experience of aviation or aviation regulation. That they do this of course, speaks to the bias and prejudice of the councilors themselves in this matter.

CAA could tell them the sky was blue and they'd say "no, our Asset Manager has informed us that the sky is actually pink so we're going with pink!".

Sigh!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column