Pot pouri (24 Jan, 2018)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Pot pouri (24 Jan, 2018)

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:38 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2018/0124.shtml

Dud petrol -- bugger! Are there any longer-term effects and why aren't local fuel companies doing their own testing prior to distribution?

Will we see a flood of cheaper solar panels from China in the wake of the US tariff announcement and will those panels actually be any good?

DJI has released yet another drone into its already crowded product line-up. One can only ask: Why?

And can someone please tell me if the draconian US-driven copyright and IP protections demanded by the USA as part of the TPPA have been struck out now that the USA is gone and we're about to sign up?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Pot pouri (24 Jan, 2018)

Postby phill » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:50 am

to busy foaling to remember simple statements
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )
phill

Postby Weasel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Anyone that had mid 90s Subaru Legacys (typically the twin turbo GTs) will remember the failing fuel pumps (among other things that commonly failed on these) - no fun at all to have fail, I had one do it, and slightly white knuckle process of replacing it my self - nothing like opening the lid on a gas tank and hoping you don't accidentally blow your self up :-) As for rotten exhausts - I thought that was a thing of the past? I've had cars north of 300,000km on the clock on the original exhaust showing no signs of problems.
Weasel

Postby Muscular Jam » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:34 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:And can someone please tell me if the draconian US-driven copyright and IP protections demanded by the USA as part of the TPPA have been struck out now that the USA is gone and we're about to sign up?
"University of Auckland law professor Jane Kelsey predicts ‘the rebranding of the TPPA won’t fool anyone, especially Labour and New Zealand First supporters who backed those parties because they opposed the original deal. Labour is now actively promoting it and Winston Peters is conveniently and uncharacteristically silent’." http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1801/S00086/labournzf-must-explain-how-canada-secured-changes-to-tppa.htm
Muscular Jam

TPPA

Postby Perry » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 am

Top People Poo Again - look out below.

Perry

Return to Today's column