Samsung goes crypto-currency mining (2 Feb, 2018)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Samsung goes crypto-currency mining (2 Feb, 2018)

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2018/0201.shtml

What effect will Samsung's dedicated crypto-currency mining ASIC have on the Bitcoin market and on the computer industry in general?

If you're a computer gamer, are you pleased to hear that the demand for high-end graphics cards from within the mining community will likely drop significantly?

Does this add another layer of credibility to the whole crypto-currency concept?

Will Samsung actually make a buck from these ASICs or will we find that crypto-currency is either a fad (or regulated into obscurity by governments), effectively killing demand for the devices?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung goes crypto-currency mining (2 Feb, 2018)

Postby phord » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:18 pm

I often wonder why some rich people write books on how to make money.
If they are already rich, why would they waste their valuable time on writing books.

Likewise with Bitcoin miner makers.
Why would a miner maker sell a machine if they could make more money from running it.
Maybe this is all kindness, OR maybe it's all just a scam.
phord

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:28 pm

I've often thought exactly the same thing myself..

"How to become financially independent and retire by the age of 30" <--- written by a 50-year-old man who makes a living by writing books about how to get rich and clearly hasn't earned enough to retire himself. :-)

I was also thinking that if Samsung couldn't move all its ASICs it could simply build one into every WiFi connected device that it ships and set up its own currency-mining botnet where other people pay for the power and Samsung reaps the rewards ;-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:07 am

It comes back to the old saying "The only people who got rich during a gold rush were the people selling the shovels"
Same thing here with people thinking they will strike it rich mining crypto-currency there is a good market selling ASICs etc.
Malcolm

Postby keyman26 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm

keyman26

Return to Today's column