Can you sense the frustration? (14 Feb, 2018)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Re: Can you sense the frustration? (14 Feb, 2018)

Postby hiscoca » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 pm

And Bruce the Mayor actually thinks you have some good ideas, so does Council CEO but the problem is you always seem to forget to declare your own commercial interest in these ideas which is a stumbling block. Divorce your own commercial interests and council will fall all over it self to join with you.
hiscoca

Postby phill » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:20 pm

ewww ..... pigs .... flying .... pretty

i have no doubt they are afraid of him
dullards normally are afraid of intellectual types.... instead of pretending they are on the same level .. they should just accept thats never going to happen
and he is best used as a reference instead of an adversary ( its called utilizing your resources efficiently )

cause he isnt likely to get a prefrontal lobotomy just to be able to confer on the same level with them

the 'fact' ( perhaps hearsay ) that they respect his ideas and opinions, yet never confer with him on anything but an adversarial level speaks volumes as to their pride and their commitment to performing their tasks for the betterment of the community that elected them .
Last edited by phill on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )
phill

Postby Perry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Bruce wrote:Is it time to escalate this obviously ridiculous situation to a higher level?

Good idea, but . . .

Like what or who?
Perry

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:31 pm

hiscoca wrote:And Bruce the Mayor actually thinks you have some good ideas, so does Council CEO but the problem is you always seem to forget to declare your own commercial interest in these ideas which is a stumbling block. Divorce your own commercial interests and council will fall all over it self to join with you.

No Arthur, the problem is that the council can't get their heads around the fact that someone (like myself) might want to do things for the greater good, rather than personal commercial interest.

No doubt this council believes that the Salvation Army are a branch of the Mafia and that other charities and community groups such as Lions and Rotary International are simply criminal organisations operating under-cover.

It is a very sad indictment on people who are themselves so focused on "what's in it for me" that they can't get their heads around the fact that some folk aren't looking to do things for personal financial gains.

But I guess that sums up this council and explains why so many things are done so very badly.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Today's column