TPP... have we been duped? (13 Apr, 2018)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

TPP... have we been duped? (13 Apr, 2018)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:06 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2018/0413.shtml

Was I right when I expressed my concern that the most draconian elements of the TPP had merely been suspended and not struck out of the deal that Labour signed us up to?

Will the USA's possible re-entry into the TPP mean that those nasty provisions are simply reactivated and NZ is forced to accept a 20-year extension on copyright terms along with the prohibition of any from of electronic content protection sidestepping (such as region-free media players, ripping for the purpose of format shifting, etc)?

What should the response of the NZ people be if we get this dumped in their lap?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: TPP... have we been duped? (13 Apr, 2018)

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 am

Right on the money! The thought of the TPP restarting those provisions is abhorrent, and not worth the extra trade $ (only $, not $$$) some producers may gain from the deal.
GSVNoFixedAbode

Re: TPP... have we been duped? (13 Apr, 2018)

Postby phill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am

agree %100
not positive at this point if it was because we voted for knuckle draggers or another set of free gapers
but whatever the reasons including corruption between business and snivel servants then misleading the retards in parliament
this is just crap for the peasants to eat

maybe also consider the long term plan was to do it this way to avoid the public outcry that was happening in so many of the countries signing up to it
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )
phill

Re: TPP... have we been duped? (Of course we have!)

Postby Perry » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Awwwww, c'mon folks.

Wakey, wakey.

You almost sound surprised at this sort of deceptive double-dealing conniving by the W'gton woodenheads.

With them, it always the same: if their lips are moving - they're lying.

And that's without the charade over oil exploration.

Shane winces, Taxcindarella show her pearlers and Shaw declines to sign an agreement to walk, cycle or use candles when the crunch comes.
Perry

Return to Today's column