I am in trouble (again) (6 Aug, 2020)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Re: I am in trouble (again) (6 Aug, 2020)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:11 pm

minister.png
The minister appears to be about as useless as tits on a bull:
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

"your deliberate rule breach??"

Postby Perry » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 pm

What did you expect from a failed and disgraced Munster of Housing who (was once-upon-a-time tasked with the) promised 30,000 'affordable' houses in three years and could not even get to 600?

Gawd help those awaiting the Manawatu Gorge alternative, given that the same mental midget Neanderthal Dhil Twitford is the Munster in charge.

An adjunct bit of info I have (from a reliable source) is that every day the saddle by-pass route is used it's costing $100,000k.

A measly $36.5M cost-to-taxpayers per year.

Munster Twitford has never had a real job in his life - no surprises, there.
Perry

Postby aardvark_admin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:28 am

caawarning.jpg
Oh this just gets better and better...

After Mr Twyford's letter expressing his confidence in CAA, I received an email from the Authority.

Apparently they sent a "registered letter" to me on the 30th of July containing the outcome of their investigation. This letter is a formal "warning", alleging that they believe an offense was committed but opting not to take action at this time.

Sounds great eh?

Except that they sent it to an address I haven't lived at for over five years. What's more, they make the *assumption* that I was operating/flying from that address -- which I obviously wasn't.

Oh yes, this is a *perfect* example of why men in suits, sat behind polished wooden desks in a Wellington Office have *no* ability to make such determinations.

I shall of course be advising Minister Twyford that his confidence was woefully misplaced and I shall also be inviting CAA to prove in a court of law their allegation that an offense was committed -- or they could simply apologise and withdraw.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:25 am

whats the legal definition of a warning letter
if it is a punishment of a type
then if its wrong you have grounds to pursue some correction and formal withdrawal

looks like ms cooze is as lazy as expected
no doubt hand picked for this case by those with slightly more wisdom who didn't want to touch it with a bargepole
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:58 am

More correspondence, this time in respect to my OIA request.
Attachments
caaextension.jpg
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 am

I suspect a quick message to the ombudsman is in order. I really doubt that they would have received that many complaints during the year that it would take that long to search through them. even if they were just kept in a card file in the basement.
Malcolm

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:23 am

Yes, the thing that worries me is that based on recent experience, their performance "estimates" seem to be an order of magnitude out -- which means I probably wouldn't get what I want for another 10 months :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:58 pm

I had an interesting conversation with one of the head-honchos of CAA this afternoon. Unfortunately I can't disclose details of the conversation because I agreed to confidentiality so that we could have a "frank and open" exchange of views (principles are as much a restriction as they are a freedom).

I'll be doing a video covering the generalities of the conversation and some interesting perspectives that came to light (mainly from my side). If you're interested it will be on my XJet channel in the next day or so.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Don't forget to post a link.
Perry

Previous

Return to Today's column