The hypocrisy of bureaucracy (24 Aug, 2020)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

The hypocrisy of bureaucracy (24 Aug, 2020)

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:53 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2020/0824.shtml

Do as we say, not as we do: "All records must be accurate and up to date... um... er... except our own?"

I'm sorry, I believe that those who exercise power and control over others should be held to equal or higher standards than those they oversee. Lead by example, not by diktat.

In the case of CAA, who are quick to demand stiff financial penalties for any flier whose records are out of date or incomplete, what sanction or punishment will be forthcoming for their tardiness?

Yeah... that's right... a big fat "nothing".

This adds further weight to my assertion that people who are detached from reality and sitting hundreds of Km away behind a polished wooden desk and who have zero actual experience plus very little knowledge have no business penalising others for acting in a totally safe manner, simpy because they "think" rules have been broken.

Sorry CAA, this is a huge fail.

Or have I got this wrong... let's hear readers' perspectives.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: The hypocrisy of bureaucracy (24 Aug, 2020)

Postby RoddyAxn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:30 am

Start a go fund me page to get phill Rudd his ruddy fill of loot back that CAA stumbled and extorted. The CAA hit the I beam in the forehead with you Bruce. Best letter ever
RoddyAxn

Re: The hypocrisy of bureaucracy (24 Aug, 2020)

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am

Ooh, this so needs to go in front of a Judge to tear strips off the CAA, and direct them to get their sh*t together!
GSVNoFixedAbode

Return to Today's column