Introducing Aardvark_jnr

It's been so long since the forums were up you may need to introduce yourselves to the others who visit this website. Give us a little background and info.

Introducing Aardvark_jnr

Postby aardvark_jnr » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:32 pm

Hello all this is Aardvark_jnr here.
Now who is this presumptuous man, using that user name?
Usually I go by the moniker tiger_jnr,

The first time I ever had to come up with a user name, was for the 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2001' game, and wanted to play online against a friend.
So was in hurry to play and just used tiger_jnr, and ever since that has been my go to user name.

Now in 2003-2004 I started a pc repair business, that I ran from my garage on the North Shore, Auckland.
This was around the time that Mr Simpson was trying to usurp, McDonnell Douglas Aerospace , and was trying to get into the 'Blowing Stuff Up Far Away' business.

Now as a fellow nerd, and amateur scientist, i was most intrigued and a little jealous, so i pulled out my box of left over fireworks, and grabbed my sons balsa wood plane.
So my son and I both sat down and pondered how we could produce a missile even cheaper than, Mr Simpson, well a few test later, using some good ol Duct Tape, we decided it was beyond us.
But we had some fun, and didn't burn down the neighborhood  and it cost us a couple of bucks, and some matches.

Now the good bit, I called my business 'Aadrvark Pc Repair Services'.

Not because I like Aardvarks, in fact I would like to own one, pesky ants always getting in the pantry, and wife thinks that's my job, "killing things Is man work",
And on a side note, I attracted a lot of South African clients, because they thought only South Africans knew about Aardvarks and they thought I was one of them, oh well clients are clients.

Any way I digress, back to 'Aadrvark Pc Repair Services' I chose the name because it started with AA, and thought I was being clever and it would appear first in business listings etc.
I purchased the domain name 'aardvarkpc.co.nz', and at the time and I did not know about Mr Simpsons, blog-site aardvark.co.nz.

Now reporters being the intellectual giants of the literary world that they are, they thought I was Mr Simpson, and I fielded a few calls from Journalists, from around the world, asking to speak to the Missile Man.
"Nope sorry don't know the guy or how to contact him" I asked a few if they were interested in my experiments in rocketry, 'nope' they laughed and hung up.
Oh well there goes my chance of appearing on Letterman or getting a job at NASA, back to fixing PC's.

So that is why I choose Aardvark_jnr as my user name, should I keep it, or should I go back to tiger_jnr?

And Mr Simpson you have the final say on whether I should keep it or not, and I will graciously change it, if you so desire.
aardvark_jnr

Re: Introducing Aardvark_jnr

Postby phill » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:52 pm

welcome .. whatever your name is
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:17 am

I have no problems with the name... I don't repair PCs as a vocation so I don't see much risk of confusion in the marketplace. Go for it!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_jnr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:10 am

Ok thanks, I don't repair computers any more, moved to the Waikato 5 years ago, and bought a 7 acre lifestyle block.
I am now a part-time farmer, truck driver, handy man, volunteer, grandfather and artist.

Nobody knows I used to repair computers, to many people want free advice, and 50% of the work I did was removing viruses and malware etc.
Very boring and unsatisfying job only repair my own and family members, and the nearest family member lives 2 hrs drive away...love it.
aardvark_jnr

Return to Introduce yourself