Logan Savage

It's been so long since the forums were up you may need to introduce yourselves to the others who visit this website. Give us a little background and info.

Logan Savage

Postby Logan Savage » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Logan Savage doesn't exist.

Following the passage of the GCSB and Telecommunications (Interception Capability and Security) Bills in 2013 I created this identity using http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ and obtained a free European email address from https://www.eclipso.eu/ . Then I downloaded the TOR browser bundle from https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

I didn't do this because I am a criminal with something to hide. I just believe people have a right to privacy. “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.” Article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

According to Benjamin Franklin, "Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins. Republics and limited monarchies derive their strength and vigor from a popular examination into the action of the magistrates." He also said "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

People who say "if you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide" don't usually walk around stark naked or put public webcams in their bathroom. I believe that people should be presumed innocent until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt and and any surveillance should be accompanied by a specific search warrant. I also get a perverted pleasure from imagining how disappointed the spooks will be once they finally break through all that and find out what a boring person I really am. :lol:

Politically I am centre-left. When Labour goes too far left for my taste I vote National. When National goes too far right for my taste I vote Labour. When the incumbent is doing ok and seems closer to the centre than the opposition then I vote for my current favourite minor party. I reckon that gives the minors a bit of encouragement and stops the major parties getting overconfident with a huge majority.

I'm a greenie but I don't see being green as left or right wing. You have a sustainability problem whether you are on a benefit of $180 with rent of $200 or the CEO of multinational with earning of $180 billion and outgoings of $200 billion. Interestingly Benjamin Franklin had something to say about this as well: "That the vegetable creation should restore the air which is spoiled by the animal part of it, looks like a rational system, and seems to be of a piece with the rest ... I hope this will give some check to the rage of destroying trees that grow near houses, which has accompanied our late improvements in gardening".
"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy"
(David C. Korten, When Corporations Rule the World)
Logan Savage

Re: Logan Savage

Postby RoddyAxn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:54 am

I vote for the character of the person standing and not on policy.

Gold watch with jewels or a stick in the ground as a sun dial?

Human rights reminder thank you.

Logan Savage wrote:Logan Savage doesn't exist.

Following the passage of the GCSB and Telecommunications (Interception Capability and Security) Bills in 2013 I created this identity using http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ and obtained a free European email address from https://www.eclipso.eu/ . Then I downloaded the TOR browser bundle from https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

I didn't do this because I am a criminal with something to hide. I just believe people have a right to privacy. “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.” Article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

According to Benjamin Franklin, "Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins. Republics and limited monarchies derive their strength and vigor from a popular examination into the action of the magistrates." He also said "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

People who say "if you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide" don't usually walk around stark naked or put public webcams in their bathroom. I believe that people should be presumed innocent until proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt and and any surveillance should be accompanied by a specific search warrant. I also get a perverted pleasure from imagining how disappointed the spooks will be once they finally break through all that and find out what a boring person I really am. :lol:

Politically I am centre-left. When Labour goes too far left for my taste I vote National. When National goes too far right for my taste I vote Labour. When the incumbent is doing ok and seems closer to the centre than the opposition then I vote for my current favourite minor party. I reckon that gives the minors a bit of encouragement and stops the major parties getting overconfident with a huge majority.

I'm a greenie but I don't see being green as left or right wing. You have a sustainability problem whether you are on a benefit of $180 with rent of $200 or the CEO of multinational with earning of $180 billion and outgoings of $200 billion. Interestingly Benjamin Franklin had something to say about this as well: "That the vegetable creation should restore the air which is spoiled by the animal part of it, looks like a rational system, and seems to be of a piece with the rest ... I hope this will give some check to the rage of destroying trees that grow near houses, which has accompanied our late improvements in gardening".
RoddyAxn

Postby Logan Savage » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:34 pm

RoddyAxn wrote:I vote for the character of the person standing and not on policy.

I appreciate the interest and while brevity is the soul of wit in this case I find your question somewhat cryptic. Would you care to elaborate?
"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy"
Logan Savage

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Roddy is a very cryptic individual ;-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby RoddyAxn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Logan Savage wrote:
RoddyAxn wrote:I vote for the character of the person standing and not on policy.

I appreciate the interest and while brevity is the soul of wit in this case I find your question somewhat cryptic. Would you care to elaborate?

Car insured for: 10% of insurance value for rego fee to pay per year

$1:$0.10
$10:$1
$100:$10
$1,000:$100
$10,000:$1,000
$100,000:$10,000
$1,000,000:$100,000
RoddyAxn

Postby RoddyAxn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Logan Savage wrote:

Policy : tell the time (both sun dial and gold watch tell time during day)

Character : gold watch tells time 24/7 and has a better character.
RoddyAxn

Postby Logan Savage » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:02 am

Never underestimate a stick in the ground; Eratosthenes managed to calculate the circumference of the Earth using stick in the ground without leaving Egypt!
Logan Savage

Return to Introduce yourself