Hi from Panicmouse

It's been so long since the forums were up you may need to introduce yourselves to the others who visit this website. Give us a little background and info.

Hi from Panicmouse

Postby Panicmouse » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi all from an old guy in Matakana NZ.
Discovered this site only recently, a very refreshing change from the zero content infotainment that increasingly pervades news these days. Thanks to Bruce and anyone else involved for the effort they put in to running Aardvark.
I've had a lifelong interest in science, especially physics and engineering, but no qualifications unless you count a mediocre pass in stage 2 maths back in the late 60's at Auckland uni.
Over time I've designed and built a few multihull yachts, heavily biased towards performance and not cruising, including 25yrs spent working on sailing hydrofoils.

It was the hydrofoil work that was a major education for me. I found I had to learn and apply maths and engineering to the task because of a failure of detailed intuition when it came to branching away from earlier work in the field. I remain amazed, still, at how accurate such methods are; not perfect, or easy, but still impressive - at least to me in my small world, anyway.
It was this project also that got me into computers right at the beginning of PC development.

Currently, I have managed to spend 12 years building (and rebuilding) a 2 seat super petrel amphibian aircraft kitset, It was intended to be a quick build 5 month project. It is nearly flying now, though.
Panicmouse

Re: Hi from Panicmouse

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Welcome aboard mate -- it sounds like you'll fit in very nicely around here. An interesting background, smarter than average and healthy cynicism for the mainstream media :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Greg » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Wow... as Bruce says, impressive experience. We'll all enjoy your input. Mind you, I'll have to look up where the heck Matakana is! :shock:
Greg

Postby Alexanders » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:09 am

Impressive indeed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I love to chat about technology, but I'm a marketing dude.
A digital project manager at Web design Christchurch, Alexanders.
Checkout some of my work in our website.
Alexanders

Return to Introduce yourself