F'ing Microsoft!

Discussions about anything in the news

F'ing Microsoft!

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue May 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Geez... what an amateur piece of crap Windows 10 is.

I just had an update to Win10 come through and it's screwed the audio in my editing software. Lots of other folk are also bitching about the same problem.

What the hell are you supposed to do if you're trying to use Win10 for anything serious and its updates break established programs like this?

Absolutely ludicrous!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: F'ing Microsoft!

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Reverted to the previous revision and it's all fine.. but now Windows is nagging at me again to update.

Sigh!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Screw » Tue May 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Had the same prob. too. Microshaft are issuing a patch to fix the patch that shouldn't have needed patching in the first place!
Screw

Postby Grumpy » Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 pm

My upgrade went generally ok, but some of my older (circa Win7) programs that ran well previously are now very slow! WTF!
Grumpy

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Microsoft should separate feature-upgrades from maintenance upgrades and allow users to choose their own path.

The more I read about this feature upgrade the more I think that MS has lost the plot. Lots of folks winding back to the previous build to get their systems stable again and some have even had to do total re-installs to get their machines to boot.

How on earth can they pitch this as a professional OS when they pull crap like this?

I've been spoilled by too many years of Linux and Win 7.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Wed May 23, 2018 11:11 am

The big problem was MS dropped their QA division a couple of years back. Now they want each team to do their own internal testing before releasing the patches. In theory this can allow a faster turnaround for resolving issues. In practice it means they are using you for testing. Windows 7 has had a few patches which have lead to serious issues in the same time as well. All you can really do is turn on system restore and keep good backups. Hopefully the next update resolves the new issues from the last one.
Malcolm

Postby Grumpy » Thu May 24, 2018 1:52 pm

There was a Win 10 update this morning that deleted a very large folder on my Data HD called "Downloads" !!!!!! I have tried everything I know to restore it but the system doesn't want to lnow. fortunately i do a monthly backup, but that is not the point!
As far as I am concerned MS updates have no business accessing my Data HD, as all the operating system files are located on my primary SSD. WTF!! AGAIN!
Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 pm

OK, further to my previous rant I eventually found the missing folder renamed as "DPC Collection Folder".
This is NOT an apology to MS as they should not have moved it in the first place without at least some advice or notification.
Grumpy

Postby Screw » Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 am

Screw

Postby Screw » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 am

Screw

Next

Return to General News Discussion