parkinson-s-disease

Discussions about anything in the news

parkinson-s-disease

Postby phill » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:33 pm

( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Re: parkinson-s-disease

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Makes sense... because I've had a guts-full of all this shaking and fatigue :-)

I've also found that diet is a *major* factor in managing the symptoms.

You are what you eat, as they say (which does not bode well for me, who spent far too many years on Pizza and Coke whilst pounding the keyboard for 36-hours at a time.

C'est la vie I guess.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:05 pm

what parts of the diet help and what makes it worse
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:11 pm

I've been on a Keto diet and it's reduced my fatigue, stiffness and tremors. Of course part of that could also be down to the 20Kg weight-loss that has resulted and the general overall improvement in health.

Someone also recommended Creatine Monohydrate and I've found a quite noticeable in cognitive function after a the first few weeks of taking 5g a day. I notice this most when editing my videos because I get to see (from the outside) how quickly I interact with people, how much my hands shake and how "sharp" I am.

Right now I'm in a pretty good place (all things considered) and the progression of symptoms have all but halted.

I still have problems with sleep and no sense of smell/taste but I'm dealing with that by simply accepting that there are somethings you can't change.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Muscular Jam » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:37 pm

That's interesting. I went keto because it was recommended for my ADD. I also have Restless Leg Syndrome which has some similarities with Parkinsons and is also treated with levodopa. I might give the Creatine a try as well.
Muscular Jam

Postby aardvark_admin » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Yes, my restless leg symptoms (insanely irritating at 1 in the morning) have ceased completely but I am having issues with spontaneous and random cramps at the moment. Damn, it all seems to be swings and roundabouts eh?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion