LOL... most optimistic ever spam/malware

Discussions about anything in the news

LOL... most optimistic ever spam/malware

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 am

I received this email today in my spam folder:

Good Day

Attached to this email is your official notification for being an active user of Google Products.

Best Regards,
Ceo/CO-Founders,
GOOGLE INC.

I had to chuckle... surely this has to be the most optimistic attempt to dump malware onto people's computers I have ever seen. Sadly, I suspect that many little old ladies and idiot children will click on the attachment and get pwnd :(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: LOL... most optimistic ever spam/malware

Postby pctek » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:49 pm

You know, having become a little old lady, well, maybe not so little, this annoys me.
I did have a career in IT and spent a lot of it advising people about stuff that really, you don't even need IT to know - it's plain common sense.

And yet the comments continue, old ladies are stupid. Old ladies have no IT literacy.
Old Ladies...blah blah....it's why I can't get work anymore, despite not being near pension age.....not even close. No-one wants the nana in IT
pctek

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm

pctek wrote: No-one wants the nana in IT

That says far more about those who would judge you buy your age rather than your skills, knowledge, abilities and work-ethic than it says about you.

There was a time when older members of the workforce were revered for the knowledge and experience they bought to a role -- now they're just "old". Perhaps that's why so many startups piloted by "keen young things" go titsup before they even get half-way to the goal.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 am

aardvark_admin wrote:
pctek wrote: No-one wants the nana in IT

That says far more about those who would judge you buy your age rather than your skills, knowledge, abilities and work-ethic than it says about you.

And by perpetuating the idea that little old ladies and idiot children fall for these things because they don't understand this big internet thing you help keep the idea alive and strengthen it in people's minds.
Malcolm

Return to General News Discussion