panic taxes coming

Discussions about anything in the news

panic taxes coming

Postby phill » Tue May 01, 2018 9:25 am

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politica ... ers-ardern

they took a leaf out of bullshit billies book
promise whatever you like to get into power then worry about the cost

now they have to try to find funds to play with after the gifting to get in has dried up the working

this idea .. in the guise of helping nz's greedy retailers ... will sadly be a steps forward and leaps back as the cost of collection and monitoring will in a lot of cases be more than the collection .. unless they smack on an import licence cost to each transaction ... and hence become a guaranteed one term government within barely 6 months of office

then what are they going to do if the victim refuses to pay the toll
traditionally that would mean seizing the goods a selling them to recover the costs of enforcement
well 90% of what i buy is less than $10 dollars and maybe 40% less than $5 .. you only have to pick it up and put it down to burn through the costs of handling that ... add any form of paper or computer work and negatives start jumping fast
at auction they might get $1 for $5 items .. take off the 30% auction costs and they recoup 66 cents for an outlay of maybe $60 .. or more .. which is why they have exempted anything with less than $60 tax ... it wasnt a beneficent gift .. it was simply economic sense to avoid economic suicide
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )
phill

Re: panic taxes coming

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 am

I had already written todays' column before I saw this post but I whole-heartedly agree. See today's column and the related forum thread.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion