VR / FPS goggles

Discussions about anything in the news

VR / FPS goggles

Postby phill » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 pm

anyone know of any brand / model of goggles that are good for both FPV and VR games
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Re: VR / FPS goggles

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10 am

I don't know of any cross-over type goggles.

Good FPV goggles need low latency (we're talking single digits in mS) and a composite video input or inbuilt 5.8GHz video receivers. Field of view isn't such a big thing -- in fact my favourite goggles right now have about a 38 degree FOV with OLED displays. It looks like watching a 40-inch screen from a distance of about 3m in a dark room.

VR, on the other hand, needs an immersive FOV to be effective and a digital input for the video signal.

About the closest FPV has come to VR is the DJI digital FPV system but those goggles don't have an HDMI (or any other digital) input and rely solely on the RF link with the air-unit or an SD composite video input.

I think \the question you're asking is somewhat akin to "What's the best vehicle that would be good for carrying huge loads of firewood and also produce really good times on the Nurberg Ring" :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion