aussie rural drone laws

Discussions about anything in the news

aussie rural drone laws

Postby phill » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:04 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-19/ ... t/11811156

we are long past needing these looked at for the same reasons

trouble is
caa and helicopter owners dont want drones to save customers thousands
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Re: aussie rural drone laws

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:14 pm

From the article "Drones can be prone to fly away for example"

This is typical of people who know very little, telling people who know an awful lot more, how to do something.

This whole "beyond visual line of sight" thing and the (very small) risks involved is totally solved by saying "no unmanned aircraft above 400ft, no manned aircraft below 500ft". Vertical separation ensures no risk from either category to the other.

It's not rocket science... it's *VERY* simple.

Regulators keep saying "we need to integrate drones into the manned aviation airspace" to which I say "WRONG! -- you need to keep drones and manned aircraft as far apart as possible. We don't "integrate" pedestrians into the traffic flow on motorways do we??? Of course not, that would be lunacy -- instead, we reserve motorways for cars and footpaths for pedestrians -- PROBLEM SOLVED!

0-400ft should be the domain of unmanned aircraft, 500ft and above the domain of manned aircraft.

These people are looking to make the problem more complex than it really is simply so they can charge an arm and a leg for their services or justify lunatic regulation where none is necessary.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion