Effing Microsoft!

Discussions about anything in the news

Effing Microsoft!

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:13 am

Just had the latest windows 10 update forced upon me and it installed/updated the Edge browser.

Piss off Microsoft -- I'm very happy with Firefox and I don't want your bloatware on my screen... let alone an unavoidable "welcome to Edge" frickin startup screen on first boot since the update.

Hasn't this sort of thing already been deemed to be anti-competitive?

It's looking like I'll soon be reformating my Windows 10 machine and installing Linux with the Linux version of Resolve (since that's all I use it for anyway).
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Effing Microsoft!

Postby Malcolm » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:21 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:Just had the latest windows 10 update forced upon me and it installed/updated the Edge browser.

Piss off Microsoft -- I'm very happy with Firefox and I don't want your bloatware on my screen... let alone an unavoidable "welcome to Edge" frickin startup screen on first boot since the update.

Hasn't this sort of thing already been deemed to be anti-competitive?

It was ruled to be, back in 2000, however one of the first things Bush's justice department did was gut the ruling of any meaning. Also the 2004 Windows 10 update is causing all kinds of headaches as it seems to be reverting a lot of settings back to Windows defaults (such as default browser and file sharing etc) I have spent a bit of time this week putting peoples settings back to the working ones they had last week.
Malcolm

Re: Effing Microsoft!

Postby phill » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:21 pm

it uninstalled my copy of
dawn of the tiberium age
a C&C red alert mod game
must be legit because virgin helped them and they helped virgin with the latest C&C remake

also my mod copy of stalker shadow of chernoble .. but left the original
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion