Finally found an LED replacement for my 200W bulb

Discussions about anything in the news

Finally found an LED replacement for my 200W bulb

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:13 pm

I like a lot of light in my office area and since this house has but a single bayonet light fitting in the ceiling for that room I've had to resort to using one of those 150W-equivalent halogen bulbs. They don't last long and aren't very efficient.

Woohoo... today I found a 200W-equivalent LED bulb in Bunnings (36W actual). It's a huge thing but it does throw out just as much light as the old halogen and hopefully it will also last a lot longer.

I also picked up some of their $2 800-lumen LED bulbs because the Supermarket wants around $8 for the same thing. How do they get away with that?

Anyway, that means I'm now full-LED at home.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally found an LED replacement for my 200W bulb

Postby phill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:31 pm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3287235 ... 4c4dzWlDMF

i have been using 3 of these for a year or so ( 2x 20 ... 1 x 30 watt )
really bright

had a problem with an earlier one i brought but fixing dead leds is surprisingly easy

just solder a bypass wire across the effected cell or the whole chip ( normally 3 cells in an led chip )
find it by using a single insulated bare ended solid copper wire and jump each led on the led side till the rest light up then find the dead cell by same
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion