Worrying moves by the state

Discussions about anything in the news

Worrying moves by the state

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 am

Nicky Hager is being taken to court by police in an attempt to force him to disclose the source of information published in his book Dirty Politics.

Hager argues that he has journalistic privilege which should allow him to protect his sources.

What the hell is going on here?

Is the state going to continue eroding our rights and freedoms by engaging in politically motivated actions against those who seek only to throw a little light on the dirty-doings of those in power?

That state interference is the stuff you'd expect in China and the former Soviet Union but not a (once) free and open democracy like New Zealand.

It's time for people to rise up and speak out about the ongoing campaign by the state and its agencies to disempower and subjugate the rights and freedoms of those who they are elected and employed to *serve*.

I fear that unless we do speak with a strong, unified voice against these ongoing moves to turn us into nothing more than a revenue source (via taxation) then, by the time the masses wake up to what is happening, it will be all too late. I find it interesting how democracy in the Western world is morphing into fascism thanks to huge levels of indifference from those who don't realise what they're losing.

Or is it just me who feels this way?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Worrying moves by the state

Postby Screw » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Our Nicky upset some very powerful people Bruce. The very same who control the media but have no control outside of that. I think that is why they are trying to hammer Nicky. They tried all the old tricks by attacking the messenger and that didn't work so this is the next step for them.
Screw

Return to General News Discussion