Just a little update to the Tokoroa Airfield saga

Discussions about anything in the news

Re: Just a little update to the Tokoroa Airfield saga

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:42 am

goosemoose wrote:I reckon they scanned that PDF from the document direct from the typing pool. 30MB is huge for a 50 page mostly text document.

Yes, this is not the most tech-literate council by any stretch of the imagination -- and that's half the problem.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:29 am

http://www.aip.net.nz/pdf/_aNZKT_51.1_52.1.pdf

1400 mtr x 30 mtr main runway
models flyers welcome to use

what more do you need
ohh and service by anz stopping soon or already

hardly ever see it being used by anything
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 am

Looks great... but I can't fly there without MFNZ-issued "wings" because it's a listed airfield.

To do so, even with the airfield owners permission, would risk prosecution and invalidate any insurance claims.

MFNZ and CAA have got me by the short and curlies - that's the injustice of the whole thing.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 am

if i make a noise complaint from here ( edge of the 10k from airport )
the noise control officer from kerikeri may do the 100k drive to do something or may not
cant see any caa being any closer ( pretty sure the nearest is whangarei )

this is far north northland .. we have nothing .. or nobody .. and nobody cares

the real far north where public servants fear to tread

there is also enough long ( 5k plus ) deserted hard pack beaches to use

i have not seen the criteria where mfnz can cancel a qualification without being in danger of a court action for loss of or harassment

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 am

MFNZ is allowed to do anything it wants. It can set and change its rules as it sees fit.

Before my case occured, "wings" were purely proof of proficiency -- indeed, the "wings" I have are clearly labeled a "Radio Control Proficiency Certificate" and were (as is the case with a university degree), yours for life, once you'd met the criteria and proven your proficiency. They were not contingent on membership and nobody had ever had their "wings" withdrawn.

After the political shenanigans and the grumpy old men becoming "offended" by my critique of their performance, they simply made "wings" contingent on membership so that if you're not a member, your wings are no longer valid. By doing this, and denying me membership, they effectively removed my right to fly at or within 4Km of a listed airfield because CAA's regs state that you must have certification issued by a body recognised by "The Director" and MFNZ is the only body thus "recognised".

They also obviously twigged to the fact that by making wings contingent on membership, they had another tool to keep that membership from declining. Membership of MFNZ is now a "tax" that anyone who flies at or within 4Km of an airfield must pay in order to remain "legal".

This is a very clear abuse of a monopoly for solely political ends and because of Rex Kenny's (CAA) close association with MFNZ, it is an abuse that is endorsed by CAA. MFNZ have even lied to CAA and despite my presenting irrefutable evidence to the contrary, CAA chose to accept their word over my evidence.

It is my honest opinion that Rex Kenny and MFNZ are behaving corruptly -- but unfortunately, nobody wants to rock the boat so nothing will happen regarding this.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:41 am

hmmm where can i find a boat rocker ...

oops .. landed in a pile of them here

i guess its force the hand time
fly
get pinged
go to court as a contested case
bring it all out explain all the changes and doings
watch the shit fly .. no judge would put up with the rewriting of artificial laws in the way and for the reasons shown
you are qualified to fly for life at the time you were certified as such
the rest is just meat for counter claims of harassment and abuse of privileged for personal reasons

would be even worse for them if the case was heard in kaitaia the judge has a habit of listening and thinking
Last edited by phill on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:43 am

The problem is that the airfield operator would have to give permission and since they have a *lot* to lose if the fall foul of CAA, they're most unlikely to give that permission -- especially when you look at the massive liabilities that will soon be faced by such authorities and their staff once the new health and safety regulations come into effect on April 1 of this year.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Anaru » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 am

Just fly Bruce!

When you're on your death bed about to take your last breath, the last thing on your mind isn't going to be "gee, I'm really glad I did things according to a bunch of retarded regulations and the dick heads that fester their lives away creating or enforcing it".

The greatest threat to aircraft in Tokoroa is probably to the rescue/transfer helicopters that fly into the hospital, it seems as so almost everyone in Tokoroa has a years supply of fireworks that needs to incrementally be let off every night.
Anaru

Postby goosemoose » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 am

aardvark_admin wrote:they simply made "wings" contingent on membership so that if you're not a member, your wings are no longer valid.

Sounds to me like these wings are just a pile of bureaucratic bullshit. A piece of flimsy paper nonsense that has no legal standing. I don't have to belong to an aeroclub for my PPL/CPL to be valid. Where does it say in the regulations that this is the case? Policy maybe. Policy is bullshit. Not legal. Make a complaint to the police. You keep saying you've exhausted all your avenues.Keep pestering your MP after all a law is being broken here by the sounds of it. The ombudsman etc, there's heaps of these organisations around that may be able to help. Even the law society.

Or could this be case of 2 sets of grumpy old men in the retirement village banging their wheelchairs together just for idealogical reasons and refusing to budge or take proactive matters into their own hands.
goosemoose

Postby Screw » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:50 am

I agree with Anaru Bruce. It's a case of who is going to die first. You or them and in the meantime you are being deprived of your hobby/work and the loss of income too.

As has been discussed before; the CAA can not favour one organisation over any other, that's illegal. No use trying to set an alternative in Tok. It would look like sour grapes, so go somewhere else with an airfield and set one up there. The club does not have to be affiliated with the MFNZ either, they can be independent, there is no law that states that any org. has to affiliate with another org.. As long as the club abides by CAA safety rules then there is nothing to stop you from doing so. To stay in Tok. and try to change things is just banging you head against a brick wall, it only results is a serious headache.

As far as insurance is concerned, set up a business as an aviation electronics developer and get Public Liability Insurance. It will cost you about $10.00 per month for a $1million cover. That would cover the airfield in case of an oopsey! If an oopsey occurs, you were just testing an electronic circuit that went awry.
Screw

PreviousNext

Return to General News Discussion