Just a little update to the Tokoroa Airfield saga

Discussions about anything in the news

Re: Just a little update to the Tokoroa Airfield saga

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Just tell them Campbell Live will be coming to town and do they have a spokes-person ready to front on national TV and explain their discrepancies?
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:47 pm

They don't care... small town mentality means that as far as they are concerned, the world ends at the boundary of their district so they couldn't give a hoot if they become the subject of public derision around the country (or the world).

Campbell Live came when this fiasco first started and the SWDC bureaucrat (Roger Fisher) looked like a possum caught in car headlights -- but it made not the slightest bit of difference. In fact, that just seems to have made the SWDC even more bound and determined to act prejudicially against me at every opportunity. We're not dealing with rational human beings here or people who take their responsibility to the community seriously -- we're dealing with people who place "getting even" and "settling perceived scores" first and foremost.

I feel sorry for this district -- it could be so much more than it is -- if it weren't handicapped by those in high levels the council bureaucracy and also within the governance.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 am

More developments...

SWDC CEO Craig Hobbs effectively called the hundrds of people who pledged over $40K to help set up the model park at Tokoroa Airfield "liars" when he told a meeting on Tuesday that he doubted many of them would honour those pledges.

So I have challenged Mr Hobbs to put up or shut up.

I have asked him to stand behind his comments and guarantee that the model park will be given the go-ahead and the airfield delisted for that purpose if the amount pledged can be actually realised and presented to the Council.

If he is an honourable man who really believed that the $40K could not be realised then he will happily accept that challenge, safe in the knowledge that the $40K will never appear on the SWDC's table. However, if he's dishonest, insincere and operating with extreme prejudice against this initiative then he will decline.

If anyone uses facebook (yeah .. I know... but that's what the SWDC use) then go to the SWDC's facebook page and add a reply to the discussion running in the lefthand column that I started on Jan 27 and where I voice my challenge.

https://www.facebook.com/SouthWaikatoDi ... l/timeline
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:04 am

It continues to get crazier!

I received an email from the SWDC assets manager Ted Anderson which says (in part):

Just a reminder that it is contrary to the Open Spaces Bylaw (quoted by yourself) to run a model flying event without the prior approval of Council, and if you do continue with the event without Council's approval, we could take legal action against you and anybody else participating in the event.

How friendly is that?

What a bunch of little Hitlers we have running this district.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:00 am

And in more news...

It would appear that the SWDC has defamed me by making untrue and libelous statements to someone who emailed them to find out what was behind their actions in respect to myself and the model park.

While I have been very reluctant to get the lawyers involved in this situation up to this point, a defamation case would have a very good chance of me being awarded damages which could be used to offset the losses I've suffered as a result of the SWDC's prejudice against me over the past few years.

I'll be chatting with lawyers shortly about the case and if they give the go-ahead then I'll be crowdfunding the action and bringing in the mainstream media. I'll also be inviting the residents of South Waikato to ask their council why they have exposed themselves to such a legal action and why they are wasting ratepayers money defending it.

Although there was an instance of Singaporean blogger crowdfunding a defamation defense, I'm not sure there have been very many (if any) crowdfunded defamation actions so this could be news of global significance if it goes ahead.

Of course they have been offered the chance to resolve this issue before the sharks come in -- but I have no doubt they will decline that offer -- after all, it's not *their* money they'll be spending to defend it or pay the awarded damages. At least it might make the locals sit up and start asking questions of this council -- especially as the $100K the council spent in a legal attempt to have a resident's pet dog put down remains fresh in the memory of many.

Stay tuned...
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:31 am

Okay, now it's *really* time to bring in the lawyers.

The SWDC has threatened me with the cancelation of my lease unless I give them an undertaking not to make *any* transmissions at *any* time from my workshop. Kind of hard when my core business is focused on 2.4GHz RC equipment and making videos about it.

I need to stop this nonsense now so can anyone suggest a good lawyer who can get an injunction against this council and perhaps sue for harassment leading to loss of earnings. The defamation suit is also looks as if it will have to proceed. These people are grossly abusing their power and it neeeds to be stopped right now.

And in more *crazy* news... they've announced that they are going to reseal the Tokoroa Airfield's runway (at enormous expense to ratepayers) and recover that cost by implementing landing fees. What a laugh! There is already virtually no full-size air-traffic to or from the airfield even though it's free. How do they figure that implementing landing fees will encourage more use of the facility and actually provide *any* return on the cost of resealing.

Here is a timelapse video of a typical day at the Tokoroa Airfield even before the landing fees are implemented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrD9e8a5zo

These people are without sense.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 am

maybe they all just watched that .. "build it and they will come" thing
of course forgetting it was in fact already built and nobody did
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby Screw » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Regarding the Lease Bruce, the SWDC can't change the terms without your agreement. Unless there is a clause in there that says they can. You will need a Barrister to look over things for you and advise you on your options.
Screw

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Don't worry, the SWDC is being *very* creative in their attempts to kick me off.

However, the partisan way in which they are dealing with this simply adds more evidence to the case that will ultimately be brought against them for loss of earnings and punitive damages as a result of what amounts to ongoing harassment.

I've given a couple of my friends in the overseas media a heads-up on this and they've suggested that, given this will be a crowd-funded action supported by thousands of people from around the world a suitable headline might be "Entire world sues NZ town".

Regardless of any damages and costs that might be awarded -- the SWDC (in the form of its management and governance) have picked a fight with a *huge* number of people from all over the globe and it's a PR war they can not win. I'm pretty sure the local community will *finally* be rocked into action by the coverage this gets and start asking "what the hell are our council doing -- first they spend $100K on legal fees to have a family pet put-down and now they're defaming one of the town's "notable residents" who has been working hard to bring tourism and new business to the district".

I will be pushing the newsworth aspect of this thing as far and hard as I can... calling in favours from a great many people.

This council's bureaucracy has gotten away with abusing its power for far too long and it is now my mission to shine some sunlight on their dirty dealing and the way they are ignoring their obligations to this community.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 am

Interesting.... by the time it has resurfaced the airfield, the SWDC will have spent over $600,000 on the Tokoroa Airfield -- and still it remains virtually unused

$100K for a toilet that the council stated was not needed in their airfield planning document
$250K for land adjacent to the airfield which they admitted they had no immediate use for
$270K for the resealing of a runway that the SWDC's own reports indicate is used less than once every two days.

Yet strangely enough, they are now bitching that spending an extra $380 per month to try and keep the town's main public toilets clean is too much.

There's a lot of outrage on the SWDC Facebook page

Busses travelling SH1 include Tokoroa as a refreshment stop so these toilets are often the first or only experience many travellers have of this little town. The stench and generally disgusting state of these public toilets, which are right next to the bus-stop, seems to be unimportant to a council that is more intent on blowing its ratepayers money on an airfield which is used by less than half a dozen of the town's high-income earners.

Something smells -- and it's not just the excrement on the walls of the public toilets!

Fortunately, some residents/ratepayers are starting to wake up to the way this council throws huge amounts of money at some silly things, whist ignoring the most basic of public amenities and services.

I'll be working hard to foment public debate over the issue of where the council spends ratepayers money and why so many big-budget investments have gone so very, very wrong. After all -- I can't fly, I can't even develop my life-saving aviation safety technology -- by rule of council. That only leaves me one thing to do -- hold the bastards to account in the court of public opinion.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General News Discussion