Laila Harre to be Internet Party leader

Discussions about anything in the news

Laila Harre to be Internet Party leader

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Well there goes any chance the Internet party might of had for securing my vote in the coming election.

Come on guys... is this *really* the best you can do?

Sigh!

What a desert our political landscape really is :-(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Laila Harre to be Internet Party leader

Postby goosemoose » Wed May 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Yep. It's always the same old faces popping up under different banners. These people never really go away do they. How long before Shane Jones comes scurrying back, probably for a different party. Anyway who did you expect to lead the party? John Banks!!!
goosemoose

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed May 28, 2014 4:43 pm

To be honest, I'd liked to have seen someone fresh, young and untainted by previous engagement with the corruption that is our political machine.

Why vote for nothing more than a poorly repainted version of "same old, same old"?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Screw » Wed May 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Recycling at it's finest!

Laila with her lithp. I suspect it is to give the party a kind-of leftish twist.

I also see that Susie Bradford threw a tantrum and stormed off from Hone's bunch.
Screw

Postby goosemoose » Wed May 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Screw wrote:Recycling at it's finest!

Laila with her lithp. I suspect it is to give the party a kind-of leftish twist.

I also see that Susie Bradford threw a tantrum and stormed off from Hone's bunch.

5 NZ pesos says she'll pop up again somewhere in the next year. NZIP :twisted:
goosemoose

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed May 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Actually... I miss Pam Corkery -- the only member in living memory who was principled enough to resign from parliament rather than fall victim to the corrupting forces of "the system" once elected to office.

Bravo Pam!

Put her in as leader of the Internet party and they'd get my vote.

I didn't believe in all of her politics but anyone who's that principled is someone I'd like to see in power.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Screw » Wed May 28, 2014 8:21 pm

goosemoose wrote:5 NZ pesos says she'll pop up again somewhere in the next year. NZIP :twisted:

Yep, agreed. Our Susie will pop up again with a new version of her BWBB (Bradford Waka Brat Bill) :lol:
Screw

Postby goosemoose » Wed May 28, 2014 9:11 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:Actually... I miss Pam Corkery -- the only member in living memory who was principled enough to resign from parliament rather than fall victim to the corrupting forces of "the system" once elected to office.

Bravo Pam!

Put her in as leader of the Internet party and they'd get my vote.

I didn't believe in all of her politics but anyone who's that principled is someone I'd like to see in power.

Don't know about that. Just another shit talker (journalist, lawyer, minor celebrity) thinking they can enter the ultimate shit talking domain and thinking because they're professional shit talkers they've for something to offer. Thats the problem with the whole thing these days, it's designed around PR, spin and how well known you are, reality TV if you like. Not many average bloke or blokesses there.
goosemoose

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed May 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Not so sure about that in Pam's case. From what we were told, she resigned rather than play Jim Anderton's silly political games -- so more power to her.

How many other politicians have resigned from parliament in recent times over matters of principal, morality or ethics?

She's a rare example mate!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Anaru » Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Yeah I'd throw in a chime for Pam, listening to her on talkback radio she does come across as someone who knows who she is and what she believes and isn't ready to compromise that without a bloody good excuse.

I've always thought locking her and Bob Jones into a room with a bottle of wine and a packet of cigarettes would make excellent reality TV.
Anaru

Next

Return to General News Discussion