Fun and updates (7 May, 2019)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Fun and updates (7 May, 2019)

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2019/0507.shtml

What do you think about the Firefox fiasco?

What is your preferred browser and why?

One small win in the battle between UK model fliers and the UK government -- was the internet the real victor though?

And how about that intrepid amateur aviator? He certainly has the right stuff -- and what's more, he can sell you popcorn while you watch.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Fun and updates (7 May, 2019)

Postby phill » Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 am

Waterfox ( 56.2.9 ) as my current browser
it runs the legacy Firefox addons ( sp tab mix plus )
security updates follow the FF ones as thats what its built on
so the current FF fiasco is only an extension of the original fiasco so is not a reason for me to leave it .. just more of a reason not to go back to it
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby roygbiv » Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 pm

I love the video, the world needs people like that guy. I think the police realised that too. In fact, if Pakistan aviation is similar to that of NZ, you can't really be prosecuted for flying your own plane. The local CAA could possibly do something about it but not the police. Apart from closing the public road for his takeoff runway there is not much they would want to do. And, all that paperwork for them.
Big :D
roygbiv

Postby Weasel » Wed May 08, 2019 4:29 am

Re ad blocking and tracking, you can go one further on your home network with something like https://pi-hole.net/ or in my case, I configured pfBlocker in my pfSense firewall to do the same thing, basically it reads in updated lists of "bad" domains known to serve up advertising and tracking, and black-holes them.
Weasel

Return to Today's column