SkyTV really doesn't "get it" do they?

Discussions about anything in the news

SkyTV really doesn't "get it" do they?

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu May 14, 2015 1:01 pm

How does SkTV counter the effect of Netflix and other streaming video services which are already eating into their customer-base?

Well not as you might expect.

Instead of coming up with better deals, more flexible packages and perhaps an HD streaming service of their own....

Sky puts up its prices: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industr ... s-packages

Hmmm... I guess they've got a beancounter who understands basic multiplication but has no clue about marketing.

So long SkyTV... enjoy your slide to oblivion!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: SkyTV really doesn't "get it" do they?

Postby Screw » Thu May 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Who cares about Sky? I don't. Not interested in Netflix either. Plenty of legitimate sources for good flicks without having to pay for them. Ad. supported.
Screw

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu May 14, 2015 8:47 pm

But Screw, if SkyTV prices go up, welfare benefits will have to follow! It seems that for large swathes of the nation's poor and unemployed, SkyTV has long ago moved from the "luxury" to the "necessity" column on their budgets.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 pm

yup you can tell the beneficiaries the well off and the middle around here .... the first two groups all have sky installed dishes
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby Screw » Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 pm

But Bruce they also have freeview satellite dishes. Anyways why shouldn't they have Sky?

Take a closer look and you'll see that many are using the plethora of Sky dishes for Freeview. Sweeping generalisation again?
Screw

Postby phill » Thu May 14, 2015 10:09 pm

mine comes from personal, visual and audio observation of whats on the tv when i see or hear it
i could elaborate on the major section of beneficiaries that have it but pc forbids accuracy nowadays
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Screw wrote:But Bruce they also have freeview satellite dishes. Anyways why shouldn't they have Sky?

I'm not saying they shouldn't Screw -- anymore than they shouldn't have iPhones, iPads, Nike trainers, overseas holidays and all the other stuff that many of them seem to manage.

My wife and I stupidly live on what we can earn and waste most of it on food, rent, power, phone and other similar excesses -- that's probably why I get by with a $9 phone, have a "donated" computer, $12 shoes from The Warehouse and haven't had a holiday (not even within NZ) since 1989. You see, I'm just silly like that :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Screw » Fri May 15, 2015 8:40 am

aardvark_admin wrote:My wife and I stupidly live on what we can earn and waste most of it on food, rent, power, phone and other similar excesses -- that's probably why I get by with a $9 phone, have a "donated" computer, $12 shoes from The Warehouse and haven't had a holiday (not even within NZ) since 1989. You see, I'm just silly like that :-)

Oh my Gawd you spendthrift! Perhaps some budget advice could help? ;)
Screw

Return to General News Discussion