Finally figured out what "unlawful" means...

Discussions about anything in the news

Finally figured out what "unlawful" means...

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:05 pm

It was only after I read this story from the NZH that I finally realised the difference between "unlawful" and "illegal":

Police acted 'unlawfully' in raid on Nicky Hager's house - Lawyer

It would appear, based on this and the growing number of "unlawful" actions engaged in by authorities and the government of the day, that "unlawful" means "illegal but nobody will be held accountable".

What a travesty of justice that such a word should even exist.

Why do we have laws if those who are meant to enforce them have a "get out of jail free" card in the form of a ruling of "unlawful" rather than "illegal"?

Why are their only sanctions for "regular folk" while those who ought to surely be held to an even higher standard of compliance (ie: police and government) get a way with turning their crimes into "unlawful" actions for which nobody gets even a slap with a wet bus ticket?

Crap!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally figured out what "unlawful" means...

Postby phill » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:24 pm

because the snivel servants have gone a long way along the road to two sets of laws .. one for the government forces and one for the enemy

i can give you the two ways it can end if you want .....
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby phill » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:31 pm

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -raid.html

interesting how the warrant was worded ... and how easy is it for police to obtain one ..
for anything .. and how accurate does their information have to be for it to remain a legal search .. or is it ( as i suspect ) just been turned into a rubber stamp exercise ?
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby Screw » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:16 pm

A search warrant is quite easy to get. Da Fuzz just have to go to a lowly Judge or even a JP and it's a formality.
Screw

Return to General News Discussion