Council error results in death.

Discussions about anything in the news

Council error results in death.

Postby Joel » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:57 pm

i do apologize for the click bait title, though something did actually die.

I just spotted on the South Waikato District Councils Facebook page that a Dog that was picked up roaming the streets was euthanized in error, blaming a combination of staff, out of date physical records and lack of checking up to date electronic records.

It doesn't look good on the council if its using out of date records and failing to check their electronic records, I wonder if this common with this council, to neglect facts and act on incorrect and out of date information.
Joel

Re: Council error results in death.

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Joel, I have left my comments on their facebook page :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Joel » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Joel

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:19 pm

Yeah... I see that. Won't make the slightest bit of difference though, the SWDC dog control division has a very bad reputation and apparently an unlimited budget for the destruction of dogs:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7665025 ... ses-10-000

What is very interesting, and a sad indictment on modern democracy, is the fact that this dog story has generated nearly 100 comments on the SWDC facebook page, whereas far more important issues (such as the long-term plan and representation reviews) generate virtually none.

As a result... we get the (local) government we deserve I guess :-(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to General News Discussion