Look at me break the law!

Discussions about anything in the news

Look at me break the law!

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 pm

OMG... I've broken the law (CAA 101 to be precise).

According to Google Earth, I was flying an RC model less than 4Km from the Tokoroa Airfield (3.28Km to be precise) and I do not have the required "proficiency certificate" (known as "wings") that is required to legally do so.

Here is the video evidence of that offense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIsgCpCZ1Ig

Will they prosecute me? Surely they will -- after all, they're committed to preserving the safety of NZ's airspace and won't touch their coffee and buscuits until they're absolutely certain that no risks remain -- as detailed in this story:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11301121

I guess if they *don't* prosecute, they're admitting that their regulations in respect to such activities and myself are a nonsense. If the do prosecute then they will have to explain why they go out of their way to ping people who clearly pose no risk, whilst ignoring those who do -- and thus failing to prevent real deaths.

Good luck CAA, I think you're going to need it.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Look at me break the law!

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Sigh... CAA still couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery it would seem.

Too busy drinking coffee and eating biscuits at the taxpayers' expense again to even keep their security certs up to date:

aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Look at me break the law!

Postby Mike23545 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:06 am

Hi Bruce,
That so called "Balloon Guy" wants a hydrogen enema with a match stick chaser.

How the hell can the CAA actually allow him to be in "control" of a powered craft that carries people?

Absolutely stupid & irresponsible (NON) action on their part.

Sack them all.
=====================================================================
I hope you get a good response from some of those children & their parents in the near future.

Always great to see a child's smiling face.

Stay safe.

Regs, L..

Across the ditch.
Mike23545

Return to General News Discussion