when is enough enough

Discussions about anything in the news

when is enough enough

Postby phill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:47 am

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christ ... ice-advice
this is just the latest in a long line from the gutless headless chooks now running what used to be a police department
really
have they not yet worked out how terrorism wins
"it wins like this !"
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Re: when is enough enough

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:21 pm

""While there is no information to suggest a specific risk to our graduands and attendees, UC takes the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff seriously," it said"

Unbelievable!

Now we are afraid of our own shadows. Makes you kind of a shamed to be a Kiwi eh?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

disgusted !!!
both by being a kiwi
and how it smears our men who served and dont deserve this reputation

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm

You've got a point there Phill. How would those, who laid down their lives for their country and the freedom of their peers feel about having commemorative cerimonies cancelled by the actions of a lone lunatic, more than a month after his rampage? It is a dishonour to those who proved their bravery in such a courageous way. All those responsible ought to be deeply ashamed.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:22 pm

The Police are being overly cautious. They are still being routinely armed due to the heightened threat level. It reminds me of the old USA and their terror alert level colour chart, which was always in a heightened state.
Malcolm

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:30 pm

What "heightened threat level"?

We've been told there is no further "known threat" at this stage so why are police and other groups still quivering in their panties?

Or is this perhaps just a convenient way to get the public used to having an "armed police force" so that when they say "we need all officers to be armed" there won't be the outcry that has come on previous attempts to institute such a thing?

Some call me a cynic -- I prefer to say that "I've been around the block" and am simply observant.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:What "heightened threat level"?

We've been told there is no further "known threat" at this stage so why are police and other groups still quivering in their panties?

Or is this perhaps just a convenient way to get the public used to having an "armed police force" so that when they say "we need all officers to be armed" there won't be the outcry that has come on previous attempts to institute such a thing?

Some call me a cynic -- I prefer to say that "I've been around the block" and am simply observant.

no point arguing with the obvious truth
or that it wasnt going to be the inevitable outcome from day one

"try to get them as frightened as we are .. then we will get whatever we want "

phill

Return to General News Discussion