FUD, the ultimate marketing tool (17 Apr, 2019)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

FUD, the ultimate marketing tool (17 Apr, 2019)

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2019/0417.shtml

How unbelievable is it that we have companies selling multi-million-dollar "tech solutions" that can't even be legally used?

Fear and ignorance appear to be the marketer's best friends when it comes to flogging anti-drone technology to those who have no clue what they're buying or how they'll ever use it.

Have you seen the Panorama doco on the Gatwick incident?

Are you surprised that so many people who are responsible for spending so much money are so easily duped by a smart suit, buzzwords and a little hype?

Anyone want to start an anti-drone tech company? :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: FUD, the ultimate marketing tool (17 Apr, 2019)

Postby phill » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am

there is some good news

some distractions are out for those "looking for a cause to socialmediarize "

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/112094 ... a-war-zone
https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=288682

Are you surprised that so many people who are responsible for spending so much money are so easily duped by a smart suit, buzzwords and a little hype?

not even slightly
business studies .. aka sales and marketing revisited only requires greed and the ability to bullshit mixed with a hefty dose of narcissism .. the ability to discern others bullshit is an optional extra
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby Perry » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Bruce wrote: The real question I have to ask is "why are these anti-drone tech companies getting so much startup funding to create products that can not legally be used in most countries and which are also likely to be completely ineffective against any determined bad actors anyway?"

I guess it's just human nature to throw money at something that "sounds great" and which is being hyped by polished spin-meisters and the media.

A certain non-jet jetpack, anyone?

Bruce wrote: However, if all this money can reduce the death toll associated with recreational drone use by even one then it's all worthwhile... right?

What do you mean nobody's ever been killed as a result of the recreational use of multirotor drones? How dare you inject facts and reality into this hysteria? There is no room for such fact-mongering in the anti-drone tech market!

Devil be gone!

How about, "How dare you infect this hysteria with facts and reality?"

Shame on you! You iconoclastic Luddite, you.
Perry

Postby cjet » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:08 am

Forever
UnDone
cjet

Return to Today's column