Nooo, really?

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 am

Who'd have thought there might be such unintended consequences! :lol:
https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/north-ota ... t-business
GSVNoFixedAbode

Re: Nooo, really?

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:14 am

Yes, I emailed the reporter:

I had a good chuckle at your story (subject line above).

A few points though:

1. "after it was revealed unmanned aircraft cannot be flown within a 4Km radius of Oamaru Hospital unless strict Civil Aviation Authority rules are adhered to"

Seriously?

"It was revealed"?

This information has been in plain sight since the regulations were reviewed back in 1997 -- there has been no "reveal"

I must also question the sensibilities of someone who is in the drone "business" yet hasn't taken the time to acquaint themselves with the regulations under which they must operate. It is perhaps just as well that Mr McNamara is "out of business".

Also, the situation is not as dire as painted.

Mr McNamara could simply join an organisation such as Model Flying New Zealand and sit his "wings" test. This would allow him to fly legally (subject to the permission of the helipad/airfield operator) right up to the boundary of said facilities.

I wonder if Mr McNamara is also aware that as an uncertified drone operator flying under the provisions of CAR101 he is not allowed to fly over property without first getting the expressed prior permission of the owner of said property?

As someone who regularly rallies to the defense of the global drone-flying community and leads the fight against over-regulation, I find it odd that I am actually siding with authority in this case -- something that further speaks to the unbelievability of this story.

Regards
Bruce Simpson
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 am

i thought all operators ( sic ) who were doing it commercially ( for monetary gain ) HAD to be hold an unmanned aircraft pilot certificate
or risk being treated as a terrorist who rapes young children .. and drugs .. dont forget drugs
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiney things i have got
phill

Postby CipherF15 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:11 am

So, would you be registered as a young child raping drugged terrorists, or as drugs terrorising raping kids? Well, I think it depends from the judge's point of view and of the article of the law being invoked.
But to ome back to seriousness, yeah, in most countries, you can't fly drones for commercial purposes just like that.
CipherF15

Return to General News Discussion