Mayor Jenny Shattock (1 Nov, 2019)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Mayor Jenny Shattock (1 Nov, 2019)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:17 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2019/1101.shtml

Mayor Jenny Shattock of the South Waikato District Council is, in my experience, dishonest and untrustworthy. Not only has she defamed me but she has also demonstrated that she is about three years behind the times -- to the cost of the district.

It is so sad when a district with such potential is ankle-tapped by governance that really does not seem to have a clue and is unwilling to listen to those who do.

Her personal dislike of me has never been more obvious -- but, as an elected representative, she should "get over it" and do what's best for the town and the district. Sadly, it very much seems as if this is something she is totally incapable of doing. I wonder how many others are in the same boat as me but who lack the courage or opportunities to relate their experiences to others.

C'est la vie... but if you were thinking of setting up a business in the South Waikato I'd have to say... don't risk it. If you (like myself) become persona non grata then you will have a very tough time of it and may even become the brunt of defamatory personal attacks by the Mayor.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Mayor Jenny Shattock (1 Nov, 2019)

Postby cjet » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:56 am

I came to the public forum at first council meeting with two others and the Mayor canceled the public forum without even a motion or vote from the councillors. I have a letter from the local government minister that says the elected body are responsible to the community they serve. Well community had ist right to address full council unilaterally and autocratically canceled in the very first meeting of a three year term. Ouch. If ever a minister of local government or the Governor General were to come down like a tonne bricks it would be bulls eyes on South waikato District. The five new elected members better wake up quick to their elected responsibilities and take these two points immediately to heart. After one week from the election in the first month or the year the code of conduct has been breached by the Mayor and the elected members are asked to impeach to the full extent of the law.

That being said we have a big three years in the district to do the right thing and that starts now.

I suggest the public forum is chaired on a rolling basis by the five new elected members. No the mayor not the CEO and not the deputy mayor and not the chairpersons of the committees that can all be hired and fired by the mayor under the John Key cabinet changes to local government

Let the new Lecter members write up the rules for the public forum and let cactus back for this new term to speak. Just because cactus was driven to drink by the way Neil Sinclair and Jenny Shattock spent fifty million dollars of electricity share money does not mean Cactus should have a life time ban. Cactus spoke truth to power and was trespassed. Yes he swore. And yes he used gods name in vain but that was because of his frustration living under state Highway one bride as a homeless person.
cjet

Postby Muz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:32 am

The link to the ol' mares video is actually a link to your video instead. Might want to fix that.
Muz

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:18 am

Muz wrote:The link to the ol' mares video is actually a link to your video instead. Might want to fix that.

Thanks Muz... sorted!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Bruce wrote: So there you have it... we have a Mayor who has very little clue what she's talking about in such matters, refuses to take sage advice from those who *do* understand such things and would rather insult and defame . . . What a sorry excuse for a Mayor we have.

It's probably not all that cheering, but most of the rest of the councils and mares in NZ are similar.
Perry

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 am

Interesting developments...

After waiting a reasonable period for the Mayor to apologise and withdraw her defamatory comments, I have responded.

Today I posted proof that I was in fact not lying and that indeed it is the Mayor whose honest is now in question.

Many in the community appear genuinely shocked that a person in such a position of trust and authority would stoop so low as to lie about and defame someone who was simply stating facts.

I really wish that this council would realise that we should all be on the same team, pulling in the same direction to get the best outcome for the town -- but sadly, some members (including the Mayor) seem unable to get over their personal bigotry and biases so as to fulfill their promises to the community.

If the mayor has an ounce of integrity and dignity, she would now apologise and withdraw her proven defamatory comments.

Will she do so?

Only time will tell but I am not so foolish as to hold my breath in anticipation.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column