Noel Leeming, could do better! (7 Nov, 2019)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Noel Leeming, could do better! (7 Nov, 2019)

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2019/1107.shtml

How disappointing that Noel Leeming's online service wasted 20 minutes of my life and effectively lost the company a "next-day" sale.

The local shop is truly a great place to shop, mainly due to the excellent staff -- but the online service -- bah!

With Amazon and other e-tailers making increasing inroads into NZ, NL will certainly have to lift their game pretty damned quickly.

I'd love to hear from others... what are your experiences with NL?

Which online browngoods e-tailer do you use and why?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Noel Leeming, could do better! (7 Nov, 2019)

Postby paulw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:17 am

Not a bad price for a camcorder with a viewfinder and 4K. I bought a Canon G20 1080P similar featured camcorder about 6 years ago for $2500 and I thought that was bargain then. Camcorders with viewfinders are hard to find these days.
paulw

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:19 am

Yep, the viewfinder is a "must have" for me -- since I film a lot of stuff on sunny days with the sun at my back -- a situation where a fold-out LCD is absolutely useless. The only negative is that this will only do 25 frames per second @ 4K and has no independent control of ISO, iris and shutter speed. That means any fast-moving action shot on a sunny day will look quite stuttery when compared to 50FPS or when shot at 25FPS on a camera where you can set the shutter speed to about half the frame-rate so as to get a degree of motion-blur making things look smoother.

Unfortunately to go up a model to get independent control of such things costs easlly an extra $1K that I don't have.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:24 am

It seems that Noel Leeming also don't have a handle on how to use social media very well. A look at their FaceBook page shows unhappy customers making posts that don't even get an acknowledgement. Tsk, tsk. E-tailers ignore social media at their peril!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column