What is this country coming to?

Discussions about anything in the news

What is this country coming to?

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:43 am

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12290373
Smith said, and he had objected when he was given one whole biscuit and the remains of a broken one. He asked for another and was refused, a nurse telling him that he had been given two.

Smith, who took offence at effectively being accused of lying, said he "spun out", kicking a table over.

He conceded that his countenance might be intimidating to some, and that his behaviour on this occasion might have been questionable — "They walk on egg shells when I'm there but I don't go looking for it" — but argued that the unit had an obligation to resolve the issue, whether that be by offering assistance with anger management or addressing the cultural needs of Māori patients.

"Someone — a Māori health service provider, mental health — has to have some responsibility for this," he said

Why the hell should ANYONE take responsibility for this guy being a giant arse? Own your own problems mate! Being rude and violent isn't the cultural right of *anyone*.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: What is this country coming to?

Postby phill » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am

welcome to northland and all its problems

to be fair that "hospital " is a horrific joke
they got millions a few years ago to upgrade it .. they spent it all on new offices for the paperwork warriors and none or very little noticeable on services or equipment

it has little in the way of what a satellite hospital > 150ks from its base needs ( a functional A&E and a MRI or indeed any form of modern scanner )
it follows the dysfunction of its base hospital ( whangarei ) with few good qualified staff and incompetence is rife
it does however score very well in its self generated quality reports ( the ex head radiographer who was employed for over 10 years at whangerei lasted less than month when they transferred to southland hospital and were almost immediately investigated and sacked for incompetence )

as for the race card and obvious entitlement issues .. well thats pretty common up here as well .. and likely the major cause of governments throwing up their hands or just not bothering with the place
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to General News Discussion