I apologise (30 Jun, 2020)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

I apologise (30 Jun, 2020)

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2020/0630.shtml

I'm sorry but I hate hypocrisy.

I am not a racist (just ask my friends) but I refuse to be bullied into blindly bowing to peer pressure in the new era of the "cancel culture".

Are you upset by this? Are you outraged by today's column?

Or is this something that you would have liked to say yourself?

One thing is for sure... if I'd said this on YouTube, Facebook or any other popular social-media platform I would have been thrown off for my "racist" attitudes (ie: failing to *actually* apologise for all the bad things that are happening in the world).

Is that really acceptable?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: I apologise (30 Jun, 2020)

Postby Necrotic Kingdom » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 am

even the kkk can say "I'm not a racist, just ask all my white friends"
Necrotic Kingdom

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 am

Necrotic Kingdom wrote:even the kkk can say "I'm not a racist, just ask all my white friends"

The difference is that my circle of friends includes Maori, Islander, Asian, gay, transgender and more. They do not appear as "people of a specific race, gender or preference" to me, they are just "people" who are likeable and whose company I enjoy. In fact, I had to stop and mentally categorise some of my closest friends in order to come up with that list of "types" -- because to me, people are people, not subsets to be categorised by anything else.

Sorry about that :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 am

"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there." We evolve (hopefully) and change our practices and attitudes. We shouldn't be castigated for ancestral actions, but we need to be careful not to celebrate them as well.

As for #BLM - there's no 'only' in front: that group of people need the focus of attention at the moment to force a change of behaviour on those around them.
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby goosemoose » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 am

Cancel culture, thats a new one. I won't bother to investigate further thanks. Because I don't hang out on social media I see none of this. I hear about it on the wireless though. Now being a twat is something I do have bias with though because if anyone I meet starts a conversation with "I saw on ${SOCIAL_MEDIA_PLATFORM_OF_CHOICE}....." I immediately categorise them as such.

I have found throughout my life that being a twat can cross all cultural and racial boundaries. There are plenty to go around. If I call you a twat it's because you are. It has nothing to do with race, religion or culture. I try to avoid having them as friends. Am I going to be "cancelled" for that?
goosemoose

Postby Necrotic Kingdom » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 am

My point is that "ask my friends" seldom conveys any useful information in any situation due to self-selection bias. Eg "I'm a great employee, just ask my *friends*." No thanks, I'd rather ask your previous employers.
Necrotic Kingdom

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:26 am

Necrotic Kingdom wrote:My point is that "ask my friends" seldom conveys any useful information in any situation due to self-selection bias. Eg "I'm a great employee, just ask my *friends*." No thanks, I'd rather ask your previous employers.

In that case I'd invite people to ask my enemies. If they're honest, they'll still agree that I don't profile people along racist, gender or sexual-preference lines :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby cjet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 am

580 million years of sex for Bruce to be woke?

The pill decoupled the male-female relationship of shotgun weddings

And we head to parliaments of the world being majority women elected

Then the end of war

Forget micro aggressions in the wake of thermonuclear potential.

The human movement is a big tent

It contains both gender

And in that the sexual dimorphism of mammals is now brain power dimorphism

The average IQ of a self made billionaire or Nobel prize winner is 160 IQ standard deviation 15

In other words 4 sigma

And both gender have this IQ with perhaps a few more more stupid men but not worth mentioning.

So as the masculine feminine oneness of DNA replication plays out our society will change to reflect this.

Stay at home dads and barren career women will litter the battle field.

The old wars before nuclear fission were the spoils of war went to the victor.

The post fission Manhattan project wars are about barren career women and stay at home dads as the ranks of parliaments fill with a more predominance of the X chromosome from the 50-50 XY split to a more 75-25 XY number towards a 76-24 XY majority and the end of war

So what Bruce is saying is smart men and women matter

And so does silver and gold

So men need to discuss having one sire per life time for the next seven generations to arrest the exponential population growth. Women can have as many children as they like as long as men have but one sire in a life time.

So let us focus on fathers in the home with one child

And let us educate the girl child

Floyd had a brother so his father need get with the program

That is the axiom to measure this world by

One child matters men

Women go have as many careers as you can.
cjet

Postby phill » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 am

it certainly makes life and decisions harder to make

if i say or do this is it cultural appropriation
or
if i don't do this am i guilty of not respecting or trying to keep some culture alive

strange fact
most of what we value and use was either invented / discovered or perfected by orders of magnitude by the european 'world'
get over it

dwelling on what you have or have not done in the past will not help you to do better in the future
trying to deny any involvement in past atrocities or falsifying achievements is revisionist and means what history you do have left is false and worthless
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby hagfish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 am

I’m sure you’ve never knelt in a black man’s neck - hand in your pockets - until he died. You’ve got that going for you. I think the bare minimum being asked of me - as a Pakeha - is to acknowledge my whiteness. That I have a race, and that it affects how I make my way in the world. If you rolled up a ‘default human’ you’d get someone that looks a lot like me. It’s worth thinking about.
hagfish

Next

Return to Today's column