Some are more equal than others?

Discussions about anything in the news

Some are more equal than others?

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:07 am

Oh dear... it seems that racism and bigotry are alive and well in NZ -- and actually being promoted by our government.

However, it's not Maori who are being discriminated against. Indeed, at a government level they enjoy many special privileges denied non-Maori.

Where is the Department of non-Maori Affairs for instance?

And why don't we have a non-Maori All Blacks I wonder?

Yes, Maori have for some time received special privilege in the eyes of the state -- and now they're taking it one step further -- some might suggest a step too far.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11466496

So now it's okay to break the law -- so long as you're Maori?

Will Maori be getting their own special 120kph open-road speed limit because of their "first people" status?

Will this be justified in the same way this latest policy on not fining/prosecuting unlicensed Maori drivers is -- ie: they couldn't afford to pay the fine for copping a 115kph ticket so let's not bother.

If it was about money then why not base these policies on income rather than race?

While I'm all in favour of giving people "compliance", the introduction of race into the equation is a disgrace and something those who came up with idea should be roundly ashamed of. By making a special case for Maori they are being hugely insulting -- effectively saying "we know Maori are more likely to thumb their noses at the law because they're Maori". So much for equality and egalitarianism in NZ.

Surely the greatest right we can accord *any* race of people in this country is to be treated as equal to all others and not accorded "special privilege" on account of their weaknesses, failings or incompetences.

Come on... Maori folk are just as intelligent and capable as any other race. It's time government stopped insulting them by treating them otherwise.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Some are more equal than others?

Postby phill » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:48 pm

apartheid is wrong .... except for

and its called positive racism .. unless its by euros then its horrid bad unforgivable racism

i for one do not feel guilty for what my family has done since its arrival
built schools .. taught international language .. acceptable behavior for all .. not to eat each other .. not to enslave each other ..
how to build houses .. how to keep warm .. how to farm effectively without slaves .. how to make warm clothing .. how to write things down so they are not twisted and forgotten later on ...
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:21 pm

But Phill, it's *your* fault that some sectors of NZ society have such high rates of obesity and diabetes!

It's *your* fault that some sectors of NZ society suffer greatly from the effects of alcohol abuse!

It's *your* fault that some sectors of NZ society are disproportionately represented within our prison system!

Yes mate -- it's *your* fault and you should feel guilty as hell. Mind you, a few hundred million dollars per generation ought to buy off a little of your guilt :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm

nahh ahh .. no guilt here
all the guilt seems to have been sold to the jonny come latelies who dont actually know the real history of nz ( poms esp love feeling guilty )

inconvenient fact
maori have the highest living standard of any Polynesian island

make some lists up
top to bottom for polynesian islands with the following lists ....

1/ political involvement with europeans
2/ integration with europeans
3/ standard of living
4/ health
5/ longevity
6/ wellbeing
7/ literacy
8/ numeracy
9/ preferred Polynesian island to live on

now while i dont know the figures on these .. and they would be very telling
im having a quiet little guess at what they are

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby goosemoose » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:Will Maori be getting their own special 120kph open-road speed limit because of their "first people" status?

Awesome!! This is a winner for me, special lanes to drive in, can go faster. Whats not to like? Oh, it'll have to be the missus driving. Thats no fun.
goosemoose

Postby phill » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:19 am

is that the lane with the taniwha toll on it ?

phill

Return to General News Discussion