Game-changing for the win (22 Oct, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Game-changing for the win (22 Oct, 2021)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:56 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2021/1022.shtml

China has become the major manufacturer of almost all things electronic... except perhaps, decent video cameras.

Well that was until this week, when DJI released their Ronin 4D cine-camera, something that has been described as a real game-changer.

It will be very interesting to see whether this new product will cement China's position as a leading manufacturer in yet another market.

Another challenge will be whether they can actually make enough of these things to meet the demand, given that other camera makers seem to be struggling to meet demand and perhaps even launching new models to try and dodge the silicon shortage.

We do indeed live in interesting times.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Game-changing for the win (22 Oct, 2021)

Postby phill » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 am

is this the signal china is changing the same way japan did
ie
from the cheap low quality plastic toys market to the high end high tech high quality manufacturing market
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby greven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:56 am

phill wrote:is this the signal china is changing the same way japan did
ie
from the cheap low quality plastic toys market to the high end high tech high quality manufacturing market

Even though I know the history of Japanese manufacturing, it is still really jarring for me to hear the older generation talk shit about Japanese products. My whole life, I have watched Japanese brands consistently deliver superior results to western brands.
The kids being born now will probably feel the same way about Chinese products.
greven

Postby aardvark_admin » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Yes, and even before Japan was deemed to be a maker of cheap tat... Hong Kong was the place where such stuff came. It's interesting that Hong Kong doesn't actually seem to make much stuff any more, perhaps even moreso after the Chinese takeover.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column