People do not learn (17 Jan, 2022)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

People do not learn (17 Jan, 2022)

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:05 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2022/0117.shtml

The ghosts of IndraNet still stalk the internet looking for unwary investors to part from their hard-earned cash.

Sadly, these guys have been pushing lame-braned schemes on technically naive investors for well over a decade... and they're still going.

Millions have been invested, millions have been lost... starting with a mesh-based networking system that never eventuated, and subsiquently moving into "green" energy systems that similarly seem to have never delivered on the oft-made promises.

Now they're shifting to crowd-funding. Perhaps they think the most naive investors are those who are sucked in by the hype and promises made on sites such as PedgeMe.

Please let friends and family know to stay well clear of this crowd and their promises... promises which, if previous experience (and the science) is anything to go by, will never be fulfilled.

And, where is NZ's investigative media?

Why aren't the mainstream media reporting on this as a service to gullible would-be investors?

Has the government's buy-off of the MSM become so complete that the real stories are ignored in favour of the "easy money" that is to be had by signing up for taxpayer funds provided to write nice things about The Treaty?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: People do not learn (17 Jan, 2022)

Postby joeseph » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:21 am

aardvark_admin wrote:Has the government's buy-off of the MSM become so complete that the real stories are ignored in favour of the "easy money" that is to be had by signing up for taxpayer funds provided to write nice things about The Treaty?

certainly looks like it! :roll:

air-powered engines eh? should be as good as fusion-powered stuff methinks.
joeseph

Postby hagfish » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:45 am

Tom and Juha regularly post insightful, interesting articles for Stuff and the Herald respectively. I suppose there are those who would prefer that our newspapers and TV/radio stations had closed down, but I think - on balance - we are better served by having NZ-based journalists, rather than just tapping into whatever Fox or RT feed we can get. Especially for local news. If I need to know something, I'll hit up RNZ before visiting Facebook, but maybe that's just me.

Compressed air has amazing energy density, by the way.
hagfish

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:43 pm

hagfish wrote:Compressed air has amazing energy density, by the way.

Unfortunately... efficiency is much lower than you might expect (due to thermal issues and other factors).

Also, given that the MDI air-car was first mooted nearly 25 years ago, you'd think that if it was going to work as a commercially viable concept, it would have already done so -- *before* efficient EVs came along.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby greven » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:59 pm

I wouldn't say the government has bought out the media, more they are helping to bail out a sinking ship & it is the fact the ship is sinking that is the real reason for the lack of investigative journalism (or is it the other way round, and the lack of journalism is why the ship is sinking?)

Also, How do compressed air vehicles operate? Do they generate electricity from the air, or does the air directly drive the wheels?
greven

Postby phill » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:04 pm

think of it like a triple expansion steam engine .. with severe cold issues
as air is compressed it get hotter .. as it decompresses it gets a lot colder
to such a degree that it impacts the efficiency of the engine and all parts near it
( ,,,,,,,, ....... '''''' to too tu two A E I O U use em sparingly there's probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to Today's column