Crazy aussies! (27 May, 2022)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Crazy aussies! (27 May, 2022)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri May 27, 2022 8:50 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2022/0527.shtml

What the hell is going on across the ditch?

Should this be called what it is... a fun-tax?

Or maybe a toy-tax?

Stupid, senseless regulations and taxes tend to gather poor levels of compliance and this is exactly what I exect from CASA's stupidity in Australia.

If MoT try to pull off the same stunt here then they'll find out that I am someone with the courage of my convictions -- and I'm sure there will be plenty of such convictions against me if they try this kind of crap here.

Are we all too complacent when it comes to the imposition of ridiculous regulation and taxation?

Viva la French -- at least they riot in the streets when their government loses the plot.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Crazy aussies! (27 May, 2022)

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Fri May 27, 2022 9:24 am

Makes you wonder who's behind it, and why. Or is it just another unintended consequence to the brainwashing that comes from the way media reports stories: sensationalise/dramatise/lie to get eyeballs/clicks and hence revenue dollars?
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am

Yes, sadly money is the driving motivation for much of what we see and read. Fortunately I can say that it's not my motivation.

Case in point... this week someone posted a video to YouTube showing them flying way too close to a Lancaster Bomber as it did a fly-past in the UK. This was totally reckless and not acceptable behaviour. I posted a video discussing the matter and showing the footage -- so as to alert the community to the damage it could do.

As soon as the community had responded and the original poster took down his stupid video, I also removed my own one. It was getting *lots* of views and could have earned me some good revenue if I'd left it up but I did not want to leave the "evidence" online for the MSM to grab and run with. So I put the interests of the community ahead of any financial gain I might have been able to make by leaving the video up.

Sadly, that's not always the case and too many folk put their wallets ahead of their principles :-(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 am

Hmmm... nobody has ever died as a result of the recreational use of multirotor drones but... https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12877591 ... -partygoer

Can someone explain why people are required to register their drones but not their golf clubs then?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Return to Today's column