Who do you believe? (8 Apr, 2019)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Who do you believe? (8 Apr, 2019)

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2019/0408.shtml

Who do you believe... the German government or DW?

Are NO2 emissions *really* as bad as claimed by the German government or have they been wildly overstated by a bunch of environmentalists?

Are DW simply doing a "damage control" exercise for the large and very powerful German auto industry?

Just how do you sort the fake news and corporate agendas from reality in situations like this?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Who do you believe? (8 Apr, 2019)

Postby tastiger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Critical thinking and real education needs to be taught in schools again. I feel schools seem to be used for baby sitting and caring for emotions.
tastiger

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Sadly, I think all of our students' time is taken up with cultural sensitivity lessons these days :-(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby tastiger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Very true, they will miss out on a lot.
tastiger

Postby phill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:39 pm

most of the medical articles and msds articles i have found come out in favour of the nitrous oxide group being detrimental to lung health

then we are down to the levels
as per the doco from what i remember ( i coincidentally watched it 2 days ago ) several german cities have banned them due to actual particulate levels produced ( lots more in the process ) ... monitoring at traffic lights gave much higher readings and indoors when gas cooking is used is also over the limit

it seems to come down to what degree of damage to health is economically acceptable

at some point in the future that level WILL be zero
till then its up for grabs as to what gets sacrificed first or in what order its done in
falsifying readings to mislead govt agencies and the public does tend to make you a tall poppy in that scenario
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby phill » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:44 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:Sadly, I think all of our students' time is taken up with cultural sensitivity lessons these days :-(

mentioning cultural sensitivity is culturally insensitive

mentioning IQ is verboten
mentioning IQ and the ethnic averages is almost death penalty stuff

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:16 pm

And, speaking of cultural sensitivity:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-w ... ertisement

Oh FFS! Just when you thought the world could not get any more insane... it does!
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:49 am

phill wrote:
aardvark_admin wrote:Sadly, I think all of our students' time is taken up with cultural sensitivity lessons these days :-(

mentioning cultural sensitivity is culturally insensitive

mentioning IQ is verboten
mentioning IQ and the ethnic averages is almost death penalty stuff

Isn't that because the basic interpretation IQ has been debunked fairly well? Also the tests really do have a white, middle-class american focus. If the tests are regionalised then these so called ethnic averages disappear.
Malcolm

Postby phill » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:50 am

i havent seen that article or better an actual regionalised test ( the actual tests themselves .. pref one for aus or nz )
i did read they were supposed to be sex biased ( math problems ) and that was addressed
please post .. im interested

the most accurate tests are done { edited incorrect term used } prenatal .. where they did not find much difference to the sex or ethnic differences when its done to the standard test thats been around for decades

the asians ( sp japanese ) swear by iq tests it governs a lot of what they have access to as regard to education paths
they actually learn to take the tests ... which to me defeats the purpose as its the speed to work something unknown out from scratch that its supposed to test for

some interesting articles
http://newobserveronline.com/iq-is-gene ... n-embryos/
https://empirenews.net/prenatal-iq-test ... y-will-be/ ( some morally shocking statements .. but reality has a nasty habit of being reality )
http://newobserveronline.com/iq-is-gene ... n-embryos/

decried / de popularised ( mainly by those that see it as ethnically divisive ) but not debunked

phill

Return to Today's column