A ban on crypto-mining? (10 Apr, 2019)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

A ban on crypto-mining? (10 Apr, 2019)

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2019/0410.shtml

Given the potential disruptive effect of crypto-currencies to the tax-revenues of most nations, could we soon see a swathe of nations banning mining, probably on the disingenuous premise that they'll be saving the environment?

Just what future do Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies have?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: A ban on crypto-mining? (10 Apr, 2019)

Postby Perry » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:58 am

Bruce wrote:As we've recently seen in the wake of events here in NZ, governments are having a field-day removing freedoms and imposing restrictions on what populations can/can't do or can/can't have access to. I suspect that there are many governments in the Western World who are pretty giddy with excitement right now, having seen how little kick-back there is from the general population. While they're on a roll, why not start banning all sorts of other stuff that is inconvenient or poses a threat to the security of the trough from which all parties feed?

If the sheople were to awaken, what terrible things might happen?

The people truly are a beast of muddied brain.
Perry

Re: A ban on crypto-mining? (10 Apr, 2019)

Postby phill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 am

i was wondering if it had more to do with circumventing international currency transfers
the chinese govt has to approve all major overseas transactions and investments
most govts have a set amount on how much can be imported / exported before it hits an " investigate" amount
crypto circumvents these restrictions
no matter where you are and how many restrictions on how much you can take out of the country there are
you can buy crypto in that countries currency and change it to whatever when you get there
thats got to upset the less freedom loving countries
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to Today's column