A powerful statement (13 Feb, 2020)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

A powerful statement (13 Feb, 2020)

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:50 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2020/0213.shtml

Wow... this 15-year-old has shown old codgers like myself and even the mighty Academy of Model Aeronautics (with its 200,000 members) how it's done.

In a single four and a half minute video, Jack Thorton has distilled the essential elements of a hugely rational presentation into a concise and emotional video that will be hard for lawmakers and politicians to ignore.

Such is the power of video.

I'd love to hear comments from readers as to what they think of this video and I'd also like to think that the link to this video will be shared far and wide -- in anticipation of similar regulatory crack-downs here in NZ.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: A powerful statement (13 Feb, 2020)

Postby namartinnz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 am

Great video. In 'murica: 'Damn, can't fly a drone anymore, might as well buy some guns to while away the time'...
Last edited by namartinnz on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
namartinnz

Re: A powerful statement (13 Feb, 2020)

Postby Muz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 am

I'm afraid that you are pissing into the wind. Love the video but the guys making the rules are deaf and dumb and getting their back pockets filled by people who do not want people using airspace being used without approval and most of all paying for it.
None of these people are going to watch that video and have an eureka moment ..."I see the light!" (Unless you've got a big lump of untraceable dosh that you can slip them without anyone seeing)

As for the Media ..... (hysterical laughter) ...... I can see it now ........

Thanks for the video, now can you tell me how many people were killed?

None?

Oh.

Injured?

None?

Not even a septic cut?

Oh.

Ummmm, well thanks for showing it to us. We'll see what we can do. What's that? There's a rumour that Bill Gates is buying a hydrogen boat?

What's that?

He's confirmed that he isn't, it's just a wild rumour?

Doesn't matter, lets write a story that he has just confirmed that he isn't buying this boat !!!

Now we have a story !!!! https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51446663
Muz

Blood in Your Eyes?

Postby Perry » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:11 pm

A shame the overlay music made the commentary difficult to hear.

But, as Muz observes, truth will always lose against empire-building bureaucracy and lies from the breath-takingly ignorant woodenheads.

To quote an Oz acquaintance of mine:

The invincible ignorance of experts
Arises because they think they think
Therefore they'll never know
That they don't know.
Perry

Return to Today's column