Most satisfying (21 Sep, 2020)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Most satisfying (21 Sep, 2020)

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2020/0921.shtml

I would really love to be leveraging my latest project to create jobs (at a time when we're going to need as many new jobs as we can muster), generate extra export receipts and generally help our economic recovery -- but it's just too damned hard.

Never the less, the satisfaction I got from seeing my ADSB alarm working so well on the weekend will have to be enough for the time being.

It's extra rewarding when the project you've created is actually a direct benefit to yourself, rather than just another job for another customer.

Let's see how the media respond to the news that flying drones and RC models has suddenly got a whole lot safer and the risk of a drone colliding with a manned aircraft has gotten a whole lot smaller (although, despite media reports, it has never been high in the first place).

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen. How will the MSM respond to this "good news" story? And how will CAA, the FAA, CASA and the other airspace regulators around the world respond to the news that drone fliers now have a way of detecting approaching aircraft? Will they put increased pressure on manned aviation to ensure that their planes are fitted with the ADSB transponders that make them "visible" to this alarm and if not, why not? Surely safety is their number-one priority... or are commercial agendas really the driving force?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Most satisfying (21 Sep, 2020)

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:18 am

Looking forward to putting one of these together just for the fun of it! Nice job Bruce.
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby joeseph » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:12 am

Excellent stuff - must be donkey's years since I last etched a PCB (think it was a 100W car audio Amp from memory)
Your soldering looks neat!
joeseph

Postby paulw » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 am

joeseph wrote:Excellent stuff - must be donkey's years since I last etched a PCB (think it was a 100W car audio Amp from memory)
Your soldering looks neat!

I'm pretty much the same . Last time I etched a PCB was back in the late 1980s. After that it was Dick Smith kits but they're all gone now.
paulw

Postby Kiwiiano » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:46 pm

It would be worthwhile writing to the media proclaiming that NZ’s amazing tech industry* has just has an amazing break-through that will have the Military queueing up to take to their bosoms for spotting incoming enemy aircraft etc etc. Provided (of course) they aren’t being naughty and not activating the CAA, FAA, etc proscribed transponders. If they can swallow some of the crap that they’ve managed in the past, they won’t have any problem believing you Bruce, although there might be problems when they find the device actually does work. Perhaps you should be putting a hand out for venture capital rather than giving it away.

(*that just this very day Ms Collins et al are boasting they will shovel $Gazillions at when they resume power)
~ Kiwiiano
“Nothing will make any sense until you realise that nothing makes any sense!”
Kiwiiano

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:53 am

Yes, it's interesting that the overseas media have run with this story but local outlets seem totally uninterested:

https://www.suasnews.com/2020/09/kiwi-i ... ne-flying/

Such is the sorry state of affairs :-(
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby RoddyAxn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:33 am

I went to innovation Park yesterday in Hamilton
And found it had changed since being their at its launch and open
Key era government, now after glow Judith Colin’s, opposition
1. Private company manage building
2.te waka
3. Ministry of trade an enterprise has a small room

In te waka the vehicle for innovation I say Amanda Hama

Amanda Hama was the Judith Colin’s look alike in South Waikato Distect Council

And climbed the ladder becoming from a drama education degree to community development manager

Brunch has two decades evidence of how tokoroa has community development nose dived

Now this same person is in the middle of 1,000 PhD in a regional innovation growth hub

So no Amanda has left Bruce alone for a half decade has he recovered enough to build world first technology

In 100 years 1,000 Phd will be remembered for the one shining light in the reason.

Irony aside is that air New Zealand got most of the bail out
The Uber of the sky’s for politician travel
And CAA look after air New Zealand and Bruce
If you are listening sir New Zealand.
Diversify and give some tax payer funded public health money to Brice to travel free as an ambassador.
RoddyAxn

Return to Today's column