TSMC, the catalyst for war? (26 Mar, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

TSMC, the catalyst for war? (26 Mar, 2021)

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:54 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2021/0326.shtml

Tensions between China and the USA are growing by the day and the military/technology gap between the two nations is narrowing.

At some point, given its obvious desire to expand its empire, China may decide that the cards are in its favour.

Strategically, seizing Taiwan would be a logical first move as it would cripple the flow of essential technology to the USA and its allies, whilst suring up its own access to such tech.

Silicon is the petroleum of the 21st century in that regard. Nations that don't have any will become increasingly powerless to defend themselves.

Will power-lust within the halls of power once again be the catalyst for conflict and will TSMC be the first prize to be fought over?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: TSMC, the catalyst for war? (26 Mar, 2021)

Postby shadesnz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:53 am

I think there is more going on to this than meets the eye.
Yes, China is on course to eclipse the USA as the world's largest economy.
There is chatter about this on Gab and due to Gab being uncensored, there are some rather interesting and disturbing stories being posted.
Word seems to be that USA is about to have a shock moment as the SC is about to make a ruling on whether Americans have to hand in their guns. No one down here cares about that. However, it may lead to Americans shooting at their government. The China issue as well Covid, will fade away from the media.
If the SC makes their ruling, the USA is no longer a democracy, just like China isn't.
As I say, there is more going on relating to USA and China than meets the eye.
Follow the stories being shared on Gab.
shadesnz

Postby hagfish » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:31 am

shadesnz wrote:I think there is more going on to this than meets the eye.
Yes, China is on course to eclipse the USA as the world's largest economy.
There is chatter about this on Gab and due to Gab being uncensored, there are some rather interesting and disturbing stories being posted.
Word seems to be that USA is about to have a shock moment as the SC is about to make a ruling on whether Americans have to hand in their guns. No one down here cares about that. However, it may lead to Americans shooting at their government. The China issue as well Covid, will fade away from the media.
If the SC makes their ruling, the USA is no longer a democracy, just like China isn't.
As I say, there is more going on relating to USA and China than meets the eye.
Follow the stories being shared on Gab.

Democracy had a pretty good run during the 20th century, but I think we can all agree that it's no longer 'fit for purpose' - democratically-elected leaders don't have the leverage to take the steps required over the next decade, let alone the rest of this century. I will miss it, but we need a means of organisation that can meet the shocks that are on their way.

The USA has never been a democracy, per se - it's a 'constitutional republic'. It's had a pretty good run, too, but I think its demise stems from decades of systemic corruption, erosion and neglect. It's circling the drain, now, and China may overtake it 'by default' as much as anything. Anyone remember Great Britain? China seems to be filling a vacuum, as much as anything. Oh, and because of their one-child policy, they have about 60 million spare dudes, should they be required. As long as China has more to gain from selling us t-shirts and phones, than from acquiring our territory, maybe we will be okay. It does seem absurd to have only 5m people rattling around in 270,000 square Km.

When the US Government comes knocking, I think all those piss'n'vinegar 2A weekend warriors will meekly hand over their ARs and that will be that.

I haven't delved into Gab or Parler or Rumble etc but if their signal/noise ration is anything like the underbelly of Reddit, you'd better watch your salt intake :D
hagfish

Postby shadesnz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:44 am

An ex NSA guy has revealed the weapons to use and the tactic to deploy.
Users on Gab have indicated that they will give up their job and share their money, medical know-how and shelter in an armed struggle.
I would not understimate some of those Americans. Many have made it clear that if the government violates the 2A, thats the start of 2A action. And they are well aware of who they will be pointing their gun at.
USA is the only country in the world where the founders gave the people the means to deal with government abuse.
shadesnz

Postby JonL » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 pm

I am amused at people who prattle on about China's supposed " lack of democracy", when they have no idea how the Chinese political/ public service system works. I would argue China has a more " democratic" system than that of the west.
Study it - it's totally different to the systems we use, far more professional - it takes about 40 yrs of hard work, study and acknowledged experience to rise up through the ranks of the Chinese political heirachy to positions of power - rather like the old imperial court system. Looking at China through the eyes of a a totally biased, combatative, greed oriented western system, populated by incompetent, self serving hacks, tends to give a very myopic view of the country and how it is actually run and operated. This leads to incidents like the recent China/US "talks", where the fool Blinken, was firmly slapped down by the top Chinese diplomats ( yes, they still have those - diplomacy is how most of the world still works - just not the countries in the US sphere), when he did the charge in like a bull at a gate and attacked China right from the outset, causing far more trouble for the US, than they realise.....
JonL

Postby aardvark_admin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:03 pm

I have to admit that I view all the reports of evil deeds and bad actions by the governments of "non-aligned" nations with cynicsm.

How many times have we been told by the Western leadership (via the obliging media) that Kimmy in N.Korea has had a relative or official blown to bits by AA guns or eviscerated by wild dogs -- only to have them turn up later perfectly healthy and well.

The first victim of war is truth.

I'm not saying that N.Korea, China and other nations haven't and aren't still committing unacceptable human rights violations -- but so is the USA. Why is the death penalty in the USA any different to the death penalthy in China, Iran, N.Korea or elsewhere? Is it because the courts and justice system is better in the USA? I think there are plenty (including those falsely imprisoned and the relatives of those executed in error) who would challenge THAT assertion.

Fake news is whatever the government of the day says it is -- which often has little bearing on the veracity of the stories thus labeled.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:45 pm

aardvark_admin wrote:Fake news is whatever the government of the day says it is -- which often has little bearing on the veracity of the stories thus labelled.

So true.

Yet what would you say is the percentage of the terminally gullible NZ population that falls for it, each and every time?

30,000 affordable Kiwibuild houses in 3 years?

Nope.

Less than 500.

But let's vote 'em back in.

They'll do better next time, surely?

Nope. (Again)

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Quick, to the cave.

Where the fox be waiting.
Perry

Postby Mike23545 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:59 am

Hi y'awll,
Just a'browsin' around tonight but the other night on "A Current Affair", there was this article which perked my interest.
If you want to watch it, you have to create a free Account & log in. (Proper PITB.)

Anyhow, here's the link to the short video...
> https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affai ... mppqy7b69n

"They've" also taken "charge/leased?" a few (3 or 4), of the touristy type islands off the Queensland coast.
&, the Queensland Govt. allowed it.

People have complained about the so called quality/cleanlyness etc., re; the rooms & surrounding areas.
Pools not clean, kangaroo crap on some floors......etc., etc.
& guests still paying full price ($400 /night) for all that.
At least the ocean is relatively clean.

Very suss all round.

Stay safe.

Regards, Laurie..
Across the ditch.
Mike23545

Return to Today's column