Things are worse than you think (22 Jun, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Things are worse than you think (22 Jun, 2021)

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:12 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2021/0622.shtml

What do you think of the Australian's decision to bring anti-terror police in to arrest the producer of a YouTube channel on what were clearly "trumped up" charges with hearsay as the only evidence?

Are you concerned at the ongoing erosion of freedoms and rights based on the most specious of justifications?

Will the current agenda of rewriting history rather than learning from it lead us further down this path where the powerful abuse their power whilst the citizens of nations are further disenfrachised?

Your thoughts please.
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: Things are worse than you think (22 Jun, 2021)

Postby namartinnz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:35 am

Yes, a bad state of affairs for sure after watching this yesterday. You only need to see where this ends by watching the rights of citizens trampled in China/Hong Kong etc...
namartinnz

Postby shadesnz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:11 am

No one wants to know but if the people don't stand up now, they won't be able to when the evidence is right before them.
In the case of the USA it is time for 2A action.
shadesnz

Postby phill » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am

is not one of the hall marks of a democracy the right and ability to call out politicians and government workers in a verbal non violent way
answer
make all derogatory comments a " crime of violence "
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby GCSBIntercepts » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:04 pm

New Zealanders won't do anything.

They will stick their heads between their legs and pucker up - kissing their arseholes good-bye!

I remember years ago at a 4 letter agency in Wellington when a senior figure exited the building screaming 'This country is Fucked!'
It doesn't help that the new director has a poor taste in blouses and perfume either. The corporate look sucks. Indicates poor personal hygiene.

Everything you do, say, and associate with via meta data of linkages, is carefully collated. Drive down the camera street? Processed and sent. Plates, licenses, faces.
Even the way you walk.
Become a threat to the State? They will Terminate.

Otherwise it will be cancel culture, red lists, white supremacists, visits to your workplace, no work, and an eternity un-employable. NZ Deplorable anyone?

NZ needs to choose. It was said at the South Pacific forum publicly by China - however it won't - as it is run out of a little cubical in the State Department. Actually on my last visit the lady there is rather nice.
But no one will be allowed to 'breath' here if there is any hint that NZ should choose to isolate itself from the Empire.

The Beatings will continue till moral improves!

Nah. Just fucking with you. You will do as you are told, whilst we really fuck with you.
GCSBIntercepts

Postby aardvark_admin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:37 pm

aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:05 pm

So – is it too much to hope for? That somehow, someway, kiwis will awaken from their torpor before it’s too late?

THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH IN NEW ZEALAND – KISS IT GOOD BYE IN 2021
* First they came for hate speech and I did not speak out – because I did not speak with hate.
* Then they came for disharmonious speech and I did not speak out – because I did not speak with dis-harmony.
* Then they came for harmful speech and I did not speak out – because I did not speak with harm.
* Then they came for free speech – and all around – everyone was afraid to say a word.
Perry

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:56 pm

And WTF is going on here? Too many "inconvenient facts" at risk of being revealed perhaps?

Simple.. gag the media!

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/445 ... ns-inquiry
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:08 pm

sounds like they used the psychological weapons of sleep deprivation and high stress ( well known effects to anyone who has done psyc 101 )
then wondered why he cracked .. and then of course claimed complete innocence
most of what they did must contravene any interpretation of basic human rights and is nothing more or less than torture ( being well known methods of doing it )
the only reason the coroner could have for the suppression order would be because it created distrust of law enforcement agencies
to which i would ask
how do you lower the trust of something fewer and fewer trust anyway
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Return to Today's column