Travel bubble lunacy (5 Jul, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

Re: Travel bubble lunacy (5 Jul, 2021)

Postby greven » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am

aardvark_admin wrote:I see that Israel has reported the Pfizer vaccine has shown markedly lower efficacy against the Indian variant of CV19, down to 64% versus 90+ percent on previous variants.

Let's see if it's effective against the delta+ variant. Logic would dictate that each new variant has a chance of being more effective at evading the antibodies created by the vaccine.

We're waging a war against time and we're sitting on our thumbs :-(

This will be a very long cat & mouse game because the countries with massive population density simply can't vaccinate people fast enough to keep on top of mutations.
greven

Postby phill » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:40 am

greven wrote:
aardvark_admin wrote:This will be a very long cat & mouse game because the countries with massive population density simply can't vaccinate people fast enough to keep on top of mutations.

This will be a very long cat & mouse game because the countries with massive population density simply can't vaccinate people fast enough to not create mutations
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby GCSBIntercepts » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Carona viruses mutate slowly.
As for looking for vaccination to save you - think again.

Lets see what the Qualified experts have to say shall we? And not some Pink Haired Lunatic?

https://nzdsos.com/

So why are the majority of researchers and physicians world wide declining carona shots?
Why aren't you hearing the news stories?

Probably because most of you get your news spoon fed to you and don't actually have to think? Or at least look for it?

The media will serve you the type of government you deserve?

A small little virus engineered in China from gain of function research paid primarily from the USA has you all quivering in your boots.

Wait to someone releases an omega strain - with a 98% kill rate. Will there be a vaccine for that? :p
GCSBIntercepts

Postby phill » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:27 pm

[quote="GCSBIntercepts"]Carona viruses mutate slowly.
[/quote}

https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=335376

any organism under pressure to survive will mutate faster than when it's in a stable environment
when pushed by survival of the fittest situations ( vaccinated but still got infected ) things evolve even faster

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:01 am

Dr Sue Huang - a virologist who tracks flu-like illnesses - said since New Zealand opened our bubble to Australia there had been a sharp increase in the number of RSV hospital presentations.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/rsv-virus ... JXG4E3OEA/

Coincidence or cause?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:33 pm

just a heads up

looks like there is a report coming that recommends a third vaccine shot to up the ante against esp delta variants

phill

Postby greven » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:53 pm

We may end up having to get a covid jab every year just like we currently get a flu jab every year
greven

Postby GCSBIntercepts » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:41 pm

phill wrote:just a heads up

looks like there is a report coming that recommends a third vaccine shot to up the ante against esp delta variants

Just a heads up. You need to re-define why you mean by a vaccine? Pfizer et al., are clearly not vaccines.
Maybe you can tell us all here exactly what a vaccine really is?

You may be interested to know that there is now a increasing trend of the onset of acute leukemia associated with those that have taken certain vaccines.
This will take a few more months to collate and publish.
GCSBIntercepts

Postby phill » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:16 pm

GCSBIntercepts wrote:This will take a few more months to collate and publish.

thats ok
we are more than happy to wait for them to finish and then you come back with the results

phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:26 pm

Utter stupidity: https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/30035 ... ght-monday

If/when an NZer dies due to CV19 spreading in our community due to this reckless decision, those responsible should be tried for manslaughter.

We know from experience that people ignore lockdowns and endanger others by travelling when they're not supposed to. It would only take one infected Sydney resident to "nip up to Brisbane" and infect a few locals before they jumped on a plane to NZ and we're done-for

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/3 ... e-lockdown
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Today's column