CV19, is the worst far from over? (14 Jul, 2021)

Have your say on today's Aardvark Daily column

CV19, is the worst far from over? (14 Jul, 2021)

Postby aardvark_admin » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 am

This column is archived at: https://aardvark.co.nz/daily/2021/0714.shtml

Where to from here for CV19?

How do we know who to believe?

Does anyone even know -- or are they all just guessing and hoping?

Is the UK being sensible by steadfastly sticking to its "freedom day" despite the massive resurgence in infections as a third-wave sweeps into effect?

Could creating such a huge number of new cases in an only partially-vaccinated population hasten the pace of mutation and leave us facing new strains against which the vaccinations are less effective or perhaps totally ineffective?

And what about NZ? Are we going to relinquish our only protection (the lack of community transmission) before we are fully vaccinated -- simply to appease the low-rent tourist industry and their lobbyists?
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Re: CV19, is the worst far from over? (14 Jul, 2021)

Postby phill » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:14 am

Where to from here for CV19?

onwards and upwards .. rapid evolution .. the survivors of vaccinated hosts will prevail

How do we know who to believe?

read the russian reports on what propaganda they want spread around .. then cut those from anything you are told or read

Does anyone even know -- or are they all just guessing and hoping?

lots know .. they are the ones that dont get press though

Is the UK being sensible by steadfastly sticking to its "freedom day" despite the massive resurgence in infections as a third-wave sweeps into effect?

as sensible as they have been for every other plan they have made from the start of the epidemic .. so ... no

Could creating such a huge number of new cases in an only partially-vaccinated population hasten the pace of mutation and leave us facing new strains against which the vaccinations are less effective or perhaps totally ineffective?

thats how it works

And what about NZ? Are we going to relinquish our only protection (the lack of community transmission) before we are fully vaccinated -- simply to appease the low-rent tourist industry and their lobbyists?

time to stop subsidising quarantine .. the major reason the govt want to avoid people using quarantine facilities
any nz nationalised have already taken the advantage of being dual cits and are here already
any wanting to go visit or do business overseas can add the cost of quarantine to the tickets
by having quarantine and a covid safe environment .. there are many esp more affluent elderly that will see nz as a great place to have an extended holiday in .. advertising to and informing of that demographic should be a priority
( ,,,,,,,, ....... A E I O U use em sparingly theres probably not enough )

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby GSVNoFixedAbode » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:23 am

It's the UK petrie dish and inevitable mutations that scare the cr*p out of me! Travel bubble is way too risky at the moment - we need vaccinations above 90-95% before that happens.
GSVNoFixedAbode

Postby paulw » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:03 am

We need to get everyone vaccinated and open up. We can't go one hiding behind Cindy's dress for ever. We had about 500 deaths from the flu each year and we lived with that and we vaccinated people for it. We can live with the couple of hundred people who may die from Covid 19 , 20 or 22 which ever mutations come along. The current Indian variant out there while it seems contagious does not seem to be killing people the same as this time last year..
paulw

Postby phill » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:17 am

ok
i will reconsider my thinking when you get back from your trip to nsw india the states and england

i might live and eat in a sewer .. but hey look how many of these shiny things i have got
phill

Postby Perry » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:39 pm

Remind me - aren't humans at the top of the evolutionary pyramid?

Only to be nailed by something only seen under a microscope.

How did the world ever recover from the 1918 Spanish Flu?

Or NZ? Which had 9000 deaths attributed to it.

A cabin crew announcement from an AirNZ domestic flight.

The C-19 virus has agreed to wait out on the wings while you have your tea and biscuit.

Please replace your facemask after you have finished and we will then allow the virus to return to the aircraft.

Yeah, right.
Perry

Postby phill » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:44 pm

imagine the different reactions ... official and otherwise you would get from other countries .. from that announcement being used

phill

Postby aardvark_admin » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Had my first CV19 vaccination jab this morning.

My arm is a little sore but the doctors say I'll pull through, perhaps even make a full recovery -- given enough time and bourbon.

Next jab in 3 weeks' time, if I'm still alive :-)
aardvark_admin
Site Admin

Postby phill » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 am

had my second 10 days ago
im having big problems tolerating the greedies and the fools
not sure how long thats been manifesting though

phill

Postby cjet » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:03 am

Isaac Newton wrote his best work hiding at hime in a pandemic

So hiding out of cities is other options

Second lockdown will fully push people out of cities world wide

Cindy’s dress was taken when winston left
cjet

Next

Return to Today's column